13 окт. 2017 г.

Wonder Woman

Diana: I used to want to save the world. This beautiful place. But I knew so little then... It is a land of magic and wonder. Worth cherishing in every way. But the closer you get, the more you see the great darkness simmering within. And mankind? Mankind is another story altogether.

Antiope: Never let your guard down! You expect the battle to be fair. A battle will never be fair.

Steve Trevor: ... It could stop the war.
Diana: War? What war?
Steve Trevor: The war. The war to end all wars. Four years, 27 countries, 25 million dead, soldiers and civilians. Innocent people, women and children slaughtered. Their homes and their villages looted and burned. Weapons far deadlier than you can ever imagine. It’s like nothing I’ve ever seen. It’s like the world’s going to end.

Diana: Would you say you’re a typical example of your sex?
Steve Trevor: I am... above average.

Diana: A watch?
Steve Trevor: Yeah, it’s a watch. It tells time. My father gave it to me. It’s been through hell and back with him. Now it’s with me, and good thing it’s still ticking.
Diana: What for?
Steve Trevor: Because it tells time. When to eat, sleep, wake up, work.
Diana: You let this little thing tell you what to do?

Steve Trevor: My father told me once, he said, «If you see something wrong happening in the world, you can either do nothing, or you can do something.» And I already tried «nothing.»

Queen Hippolyta: The more she knows, the sooner he’ll find her.

Steve Trevor: Have you never met a man before? What about your father?
Diana: I had no father. My mother sculpted me from clay and I was brought to life by Zeus.
Steve Trevor: Well, that’s neat.


Diana: We made a deal, Steve Trevor. And a deal is a promise. And a promise is unbreakable.

Diana: What is a secretary?
Etta Candy: Ooh! Well, I do everything. I go where he tells me to go, and I do what he tells me to do.
Diana: Well, where I’m from, that’s called slavery.

Diana: You mean, you were lying?
Steve Trevor: I’m a spy! That’s what I do!
Diana: How do I know you’re not lying to me right now?

Charlie: She did it!
Sameer: I’m both frightened and aroused.

Diana: What’s there?
Steve Trevor: British tea for the Germans, German beer for the British. And Edgar Rice Burroughs novels for both.

Charlie: Well, may we get what we want!
Steve Trevor: May we get what we need.
Sameer: But may we never get what we deserve.
— Bang!

Diana: Ares is dead. They can stop fighting now. Why are they still fighting?
Because, maybe it’s them! Maybe... Maybe people aren’t always good. Ares or no Ares, maybe it’s just who they are.

Ares: My dear child, that is not the Godkiller. You are. Only a god can kill another god.

Ares: They don’t deserve your protection!
Diana: It’s not about deserve, it’s about what you believe. And I believe in love.

Diana: I used to want to save the world. To end war and bring peace to mankind. But then I glimpsed the darkness that lives within their light and learned that inside every one of them, there will always be both. A choice each must make for themselves. Something no hero will ever defeat. And now I know that only love can truly save the world. So, I stay, I fight, and I give, for the world I know can be. This is my mission now. Forever.

--
++ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Σ nostradamvs: «...Это такой чистой, классически пафосный супергеройский фильм, каким он и должен быть. Каким был, например, классический „Супермен“ с Кристофером Ривом или классический „Бетмен“ Тима Бёртона. От „Чудо-женщины“ пахнуло теми самыми фильмами, наивными и настоящими. Она не претендует на то, чтобы быть омерзительно серьёзной (как новый „Бэтмен“), она не сражается с толпой других супергероев (как всякие там Хранители), это просто местами смешной, местами грустный, местами наивно-дурацкий супергеройский фильм об амазонке, которая бьёт фашистов. А фигли бы не.»



Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий