22 окт. 2017 г.

Casablanca

Major Strasser: We, Germans, must get used to all climates, from Russia to the Sahara.

Rick: Sam, Ferrari wants you to work for him at the Blue Parrot.
Sam: Oh, I like it fine here.
Rick: He’ll double what I pay you.
Sam: I ain’t got time to spend what I make here.

Yvonne: Where were you last night?
Rick: That’s so long ago, I don’t remember.
Yvonne: Will I see you tonight?
Rick: I never make plans that far ahead.

Captain Renault: I’ve often speculated on why you don’t return to America. Did you abscond with the church funds? Did you run off with a senator’s wife? I like to think you killed a man. It’s the romantic in me.
Rick: It’s a combination of all three.
Captain Renault: And what in heaven’s name brought you to Casablanca?
Rick: My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters.
Captain Renault: The waters? What waters? We’re in the desert.
Rick: I was misinformed.

Rick: What ever gave you the impression that I might help Laszlo escape?
Captain Renault: Because, my dear Ricky, I suspect that under that cynical shell... you are at heart a sentimentalist. Laugh if you will, but I happen to be familiar with your record. Let me point out just two items: In 1935, you ran guns to Ethiopia. In 1936, you fought in Spain on the Loyalist side.
Rick: And got well paid for it on both occasions.
Captain Renault: The winning side would have paid you much better...
Rick: Maybe.

Captain Renault: Carl, see that Major Strasser gets a good table, close to the ladies.
Carl: I have already given him the best, knowing he is German and would take it anyway.

Major Strasser: Do you mind if I ask you a few questions? Unofficially, of course.
Rick: Make it official if you like.
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I’m a drunkard.
Captain Renault: And that makes Rick a citizen of the world.


Captain Renault: Oh, no, Emile, please. A bottle of your best champagne. And put it on my bill... It’s a game we play. They put it on the bill, I tear up the bill. It is very convenient.

Rick: If it’s December 1941 in Casablanca, what time is it in New York?
Sam: What? My watch stopped.
Rick: I bet they’re asleep in New York. I bet they’re asleep all over America.

Rick: Here’s looking at you, kid.

Ilsa: Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time.

Captain Renault: I’m delighted to see you. Did you have a good night’s rest?
Victor Laszlo: I slept very well.
Captain Renault: Strange. Nobody’s supposed to sleep well in Casablanca.

Carl: Monsieur Rick, you are getting to be your best customer.

Major Strasser: Captain, are you certain which side you’re on?
Captain Renault: I have no conviction, if that’s what you mean. I blow with the wind... and the prevailing wind happens to be from Vichy.
Major Strasser: And if it should change?
Captain Renault: Surely the Reich doesn’t admit that possibility?

Mrs. Leuchtag: At last the day is came!
Mr. Leuchtag: Mareichtag and I are speaking nothing but English now.
Mrs. Leuchtag: So we should feel at home when we get to America.
Carl: Very nice idea, mm-hmm. ....
Mr. Leuchtag: Liebchen, sweetness heart, what watch?
Mrs. Leuchtag: Ten watch.
Mr. Leuchtag: Such much?
Carl: Hm. You will get along beautiful in America, mm-hmm.

Rick: I’m not interested in politics. The problems of the world are not in my department. I’m a saloonkeeper.
Victor Laszlo: My friends in the underground tell me that you have quite a record. You ran guns to Ethiopia. You fought against the fascists in Spain.
Rick: What of it?
Victor Laszlo: Isn’t it strange you’re always fighting on the side of the underdog?
Rick: Yes, I found that a very expensive hobby. But then I never was much of a businessman.

Rick: Don’t you sometimes wonder if it’s worth all this? I mean, what you’re fighting for.
Victor Laszlo: We might as well question why we breathe. If we stop breathing, we’ll die. If we stop fighting our enemies, the world will die.
Rick: What of it? Then it’ll be out of its misery.

Rick: Ilsa, I’m no good at being noble. But it doesn’t take much to see that the problems of three little people... don’t amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you’ll understand that.

Victor Laszlo: Welcome back to the fight. This time I know our side will win.

Rick: Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

--
+++ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий