10 окт. 2017 г.

Salem's Lot

Eva Miller: How come you came here?
Ben Mears: The real-estate man sent me.
Eva Miller: No, I meant to Salem’s Lot. Strangers don’t usually come here this time of year. Not yet.
Ben Mears: I’m not a stranger.

Ben Mears: That’s not a way to leave a book.

Ann Norton: What’s his book about?
Susan Norton: Well, his latest one is about... two men.
Ann Norton: Not one of those!

Susan Norton: I just have... a habit of asking questions.
Ben Mears: Well, I have a habit of evading them. Perfect match.

Ben Mears: I think that an evil house attracts evil men. But if a house attracts evil men... Why did it attract me?

Cully Sawyer: Here I come, puss. Here comes big bad bear...

Straker: Ciao, Constable.
Constable Parkins Gillespie: Chow?
Straker: «Ciao.» That’s a familiar Italian expression meaning «goodbye.»
Constable Parkins Gillespie: I didn’t know you’re Italian.
Straker: I’m not. The word is.
Constable Parkins Gillespie: You learn something new every day.


Constable Parkins Gillespie: You know how we are here...
Straker: No different from people in small towns all over the world.

Susan Norton: My father asked you to be discreet.
Ben Mears: I didn’t tell you that!
Susan Norton: No, he did. And he told me to go ahead and show my feelings.
Ben Mears: Yeah, the man contradicts himself.
Susan Norton: Well, Dad’s a New Englander. He has been taught one thing, and feels another.
Ben Mears: Classic conflict.

Danny: Open the window, Mark. Please. Let me in.

Ben Mears: Could he have died of a virus or something?
Jason Burke: The window, the marks on his neck, and I heard him invite someone into the room. That terrible laughter.
Ben Mears: Do you know what will happen to you... if we whisper a word of what you just told me? Funny old duck living alone. How can we trust him to teach our children?

Constable Parkins Gillespie: Better do my paperwork. Duplicate, triplicate. Don’t punch, spindle or mutilate.
Ben Mears: We all have to do that, don’t we?
Constable Parkins Gillespie: Yeah. And they say it’s a free country.

Ben Mears: Mr. Straker. Do you believe that... evil can be inherent in a house?
Straker: About as much as I believe that trees have souls.
Ben Mears: Perhaps they do...
Straker: Oh, you’re the writer. On vacation or vocation?

Straker: Mr. Barlow is on a buying trip. But, the moment he arrives... You’ll enjoy Mr. Barlow. He’ll enjoy you...

Susan Norton: You were so difficult to find. But we’re together now. We’ll always be together. We’ll always be young. We’ll love each other. Forever. That is his promise... Kiss me.

Ben Mears: There’ll be others...

--
++ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий