5 окт. 2017 г.

Star Trek Beyond


& Captain James T. Kirk: I bring you a message of goodwill and present to you esteemed members of the Teenaxi Delegation, a gift from the Fibonan High Council with the highest regard.
    Teenaxi: What’s wrong with it?
    Captain James T. Kirk: Excuse me?
    Teenaxi: Why don’t they want it anymore?
    Captain James T. Kirk: Well, this was once a piece of an ancient weapon, and now they offer it as a symbol of... Of peace. In the Fibonan culture, to surrender a weapon is an offer of truce.
    Teenaxi: How did they come by it?
    Captain James T. Kirk: They told me they acquired it a long time ago.
    Teenaxi: So they stole it, then.

& Captain James T. Kirk: The farther out we go, the more I find myself wondering what it is we’re trying to accomplish. If the universe is truly endless, then are we not striving for something forever out of reach?

& Doctor ’Bones’ McCoy: I found this in Chekov’s locker.
    Captain James T. Kirk: Wow.
    Doctor ’Bones’ McCoy: Right? I mean, I always assumed he’d be a vodka man.

& Doctor ’Bones’ McCoy: To perfect eyesight and a full head of hair.

& Captain James T. Kirk: The Enterprise has something no other ship in the fleet has... you. And as we’ve come to understand, there is no such thing as the unknown, only the temporarily hidden.

& Doctor ’Bones’ McCoy: Now, just try and relax. You’re gonna be okay.
    Commander Spock: The forced optimism in your voice suggests that you are trying to elicit a sense of calm in order to...
    Doctor ’Bones’ McCoy: I’ll cut the horseshit.
    Commander Spock: Doctor, I fail to see how excrement of any kind bears relevance on our current situation.

& Doctor ’Bones’ McCoy: I just don’t get it, Spock. I mean, what did they attack us for? I mean, they do all this for some doodad that the tiny critters didn’t want?
    Commander Spock: It is unwise to trivialize that which one simply does not understand, Doctor. We can safely assume it is more important than a doodad.
    Doctor ’Bones’ McCoy: I think you just managed to insult me twice, Spock.


& Kalara: Do you believe every sad story you hear?

& Krall: You think you know what sacrifice really means? Federation has taught you that conflict should not exist. But without struggle, you would never know who you truly are.

& Commander Spock: When you’ve lived as many lives as he, fear of death is illogical.
    Doctor ’Bones’ McCoy: Fear of death is what keeps us alive.

& Montgomery ’Scotty’ Scott: I have an idea, sir. But I’m gonna need your permission.
    Captain James T. Kirk: Why would you need my permission?
    Montgomery ’Scotty’ Scott: Because if I mess it up, I don’t want it to be just my fault.

& Captain James T. Kirk: How are we gonna get out of this one, Spock? We’ve got no ship, no crew. Not the best odds.
    Commander Spock: We will do what we have always done, Jim. We will find hope in the impossible.

& Commander Spock: «The miserable have no other medicine
                                          But only hope.»

    Captain James T. Kirk: ???
    Doctor ’Bones’ McCoy: Death’s door and he’s quoting Shakespeare.

& Jaylah: What you want is impossible.
    Montgomery ’Scotty’ Scott: Look, maybe it’s not. My wee granny used to say, «Ya cannae break a stick in a bundle.» You’re part of something bigger now, lassie. Right? Dinnae give up on that. ’Cause we’ll sure as hell never give up on you.

& Captain James T. Kirk: Scotty, can you get this thing started?
    Montgomery ’Scotty’ Scott: Started, yes. Flying, sir, that’s a different thing. These old vessels, they were built in space. They were never supposed to take off from atmosphere... They’re called starships for a reason, Captain.

& Captain James T. Kirk: Let’s make some noise.

& Lieutenant Uhura: I thought you had to finish your mission report.
    Commander Spock: I do. But I thought it would be more pleasing to engage with you socially.
    Lieutenant Uhura: You old romantic.

--
++ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий