1 дек. 2011 г.

You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

& Narrator: Shakespeare said, “Life was full of sound and fury, “and in the end, signified nothing.” Okay, let’s begin with Helena.

& Narrator: Meet Helena’s ex-husband, Alfie Shepridge. He woke in the middle of the night, pictured eternity, lay there in a cold sweat, and has not been able to get back to sleep since. ... Suddenly, it became all jogging and health foods.

& Narrator: She had a nervous breakdown and popped 40 sleeping pills. She has become the official burden of her only child, Sally.

& Helena Shebritch: My daughter married badly. Waste of education.

& Sally Channing: Sometimes the illusions work better than the medicine.

& Charmaine: Forty years is a long time to be married.
    Alfie Shepridge: Yeah, it’s almost half a century. What happened is that my wife, Helena, she allowed herself to become old, and I wasn’t prepared to accept that nonsense.
    Charmaine: No.
    Alfie: Because you’re as old as, or as young as you feel.
    Charmaine: Oh, definitely.
    Alfie: And I’m not prepared for the graveyard or the scrap yard yet.


& Sally: That cheap tart is what he left my mother for! Actress, my foot. The only acting she’s ever done is faking an orgasm.

& Alfie: I blundered*. I made a stupid mistake. I screwed up. I’m so fucking scared of being alone. Excuse me, but... And then I saw my life slipping away, and I panicked.
    Helena: Alfie, you’ll live again. We don’t just live one life. The world is far more mysterious than it appears to our eyes.

& Helena: Another life... I just have to shed the old one and try again.

--
blundered — промах

+ quotes on the Imdb.

__ Nicely. Woody Allen's work, what else u need 2 know about this movie.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий