24 дек. 2011 г.

Rome 2x3

These Being the Words of Marcus Tullius Cicero

& Atia: I’m no snob, Octavia, and I don’t mind that you bring home a tradesman’s daughter... but let’s just stop there, shall we? No actors, no gladiators, or that sort of thing, ne?

& Atia: You came in very late last night.
    Mark Antony: Business.
    Atia: Business involving wine, vomit and sex?

& Mark Antony: Buying up all the fools and cripples in Campania is hardly raising an army.
    Cicero: You are right, no doubt. But many are veterans also. Eighth Legion men. Seventh Legion.
    Mark Antony: Sat on their backsides taking his money to cheer him as he goes by. Caesar my arse.

& Mark Antony: I just prefer Gaul.
    Cicero: But you understand why the Senate would not pass such a measure?
    Mark Antony: You are the Senate, Cicero.


& Cicero: Please, go on. Make your threats. I don’t like to submit to mere implication.
    Mark Antony: There is a question I’ve always wanted to ask you... Your old friend Crassus, when he was captured by the Parthians, is it true that they poured molten gold down his throat? Because that would really sting.
    Cicero: ... Thank you. It is correct, what you say. The weather in Macedonia is... dreadful.

& Atia: I have no son!

& Cicero: Write a note. To Octavian... Caesar, rather. Tell him I have exposed Antony for the debauched rat he is. At this time, the Republic would be most grateful to accept Caesar’s offer of assistance. We shall need his army at once.

& Pullo: The gods are playing tricks. “Go back to Rome,” they say. “Talk to Vorenus.” Then they hide him from me. I did as I was told. If he’s not here, he’s not here. I can leave him a letter.
    Eirene: “Dear Vorenus, I don’t fuck your wife.”?
    Pullo: Something like that.

--
On Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий