11 дек. 2011 г.

Melancholia

& Michael: Justine... I love you so much... And never dreamed that I would have such a gorgeous wife. I believe that I’m the luckiest man on Earth. I love you. ... That’s kind of it. That’s all I have.

& Jack: You’re colleagues. I hired him the moment I heard about his education. What education is perfect if you want to make it in Public Relations?.. Tim?.. None at all, of course. It was almost too perfect. He knows nothing.

& Justine (by Kirsten Dunst): Nothing? It’s not such a bad tagline, Jack.
    Jack: Would my newly fledged aide please expand a little on the thoughts of the tagline?
    Justine: Nothing is too much for you, Jack.

& Justine: But, Michael ... what did you expect?

& Claire: Sometimes I hate you so much, Justine.

& Justine: The red star is missing from Scorpio. Antares is no longer there.


& Justine: It tastes like ashes.

& Justine: The earth is evil. We don’t need to grieve for it.
    Claire: What?
    Justine: Nobody will miss it.
    Claire: But where would Leo grow up?
    Justine: All I know is ... Life on earth is evil.
    Claire: There may be life somewhere else...
    Justine: No, there isn’t... I know we’re alone.

& Justine: Six hundred and seventy-eight.
    Claire: ...
    Justine: The bean lottery. Nobody guessed the amount of beans in the bottle.
    Claire: No, that’s right.
    Justine: But I know. Six hundred and seventy-eight.

& Justine: I know things. And when I say we’re alone... We’re alone. Life exists only on Earth. And not for long.

& John: I’d like to raise a toast... To life.
    Claire: To life? What do you mean, to life? You said it was going to be okay!

& Justine: You want me to have a glass of wine on your terrace?.. How about a song? Beethoven’s Ninth... Something like that?
    Claire: Perhaps we could light some candles...
    Justine: You just want us all to gather on your terrace sing a song and have a glass of wine... the three of us.
    Claire: Yes, that would make me happy.
    Justine: Do you know what I think of your plan?..
    Claire: No. I only think that he might like it.
    Justine: I think it’s a piece of shit.
    Claire: Justine, please... I just wanted to be nice.
    Justine: Nice? Why don’t we meet in the fucking toilet?
    Claire: Then let’s not.
    Justine: You’re damn right, let’s not.

& Leo: I’m afraid that the planet will hit us, anyway.
    Justine: Don’t be... please.
    Leo: Dad said there is nothing to do, then... Nowhere to hide.
    Justine: If your dad said that, then he’s forgotten about something. He’s forgotten about the magic cave.
    Leo: The magic cave...
    Justine: Yep.
    Leo: Is that something everybody can make?
    Justine: Aunt Steelbreaker can. All right, let’s go find stick, all right? Hold my hand.

--
+ quotes on the Imdb.

__ Lars von Trier, as always. Genius. Evil, but pure genius. As usual, not 4 all (imo).
      Surprisingly unexpected Kirsten Dunst.
      Such the complete and total end is so rare.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий