29 янв. 2018 г.

The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat

The X-Files 11×4


"The Truth Is Out There"

Martin: I know you think I'm crazy. But it's not me. It's the world. The world's gone mad.

Martin: What is this, some kind of sick joke, Buddy?
Devil: Oh, it's no joke. And my name's not Buddy.

Mulder: I was out squatchin'.
Scully: What?
Mulder: Bigfoot hunting. I had my phone turned off.
Scully: Did you have any luck?
Mulder: No, but that's not really the point. I just had to get away from the madness for a little while.

Mulder: It seems this past year all I've done is watch the news and worry that the country's gone insane. I had to get out to nature. You know, where it's simple and uncomplicated, where it's just you and the elements. And possibly a cryptozoological, simian-like, hairy humanoid with enormous feet.
Scully: I think you just like saying "squatchin'."

Reggie: I've stumbled on the conspiracy to... to end all conspiracies.

Mulder: Confuse The Twilight Zone with The Outer Limits? Do you even know me?!

Mulder: Let me... L-Let me, let me get this straight. Wh-When it cools, it forms into three different layers, with three different textures, all from the same mix? How has this never been an X-File?

Scully: I-I have such wonderful memories associated with it. I remember my mom making it. I remember family vacations over the summer holidays, and Fourth of July, fireworks, America, God, love.
Mulder: That's some Jell-O.

Mulder: It's the Mandela Effect... When someone has a memory of something that's not shared by the majority or the factual record.

Scully: Well, this is romantic.
Mulder: Isn't it?

Reggie: No. It's called the Mengele Effect because people have a memory of Josef Mengele getting apprehended in Ohio in 1970. So, it's the Mengele Effect.
Mulder: The Mandela Effect has been an Internet meme for almost a decade. It's always been called that.
Reggie: Ah, see, you're having a Mengele Effect about the Mandela Effect.

Reggie: The Mengele Effect is being intentionally orchestrated by someone.
Scully: Who? And to what end?
Reggie: For the simple reasons that Orwell said. "He who controls the past controls the future."

Scully: This is ridiculous. I mean, the Mandela Effect is simp... is simply people misremembering stuff.
Mulder: But maybe... this is actually evidence of a parallel universe.
Reggie: Wait, what?!
Scully: Wait, what?!


Scully: Guys... it's faulty memory because Occam's razor.
Reggie: That's "Ozzie's razor," not Occam's. It's always been Ozzie's razor.
Mulder: Maybe in a parallel universe it is, but in still yet another universe, it's perhaps known as "Occam's ax."
- It's not parallel universes!!

Reggie: She thinks I'm just some kind of conspiracy nut. Well, you know what? A conspiracy nut is right twice a day. No, that's a broken clock. Okay, it still applies because they want you to think all conspiracies are nutty, so you will ignore the ones that are true.
Mulder: Reggie, take it from a fellow nut, okay? At some point, you're gonna have to explain who "they" are.

FBI Agent: I guess that's how things go: you start out a rebel, but then you get fat. And the next thing you know... you're deep state. Sad.
Mulder: Do you know who I am? I'm Fox Mulder. I was fighting the power and breaking conspiracies before you saw your first chemtrail, you punks. I'm Fox freaking Mulder, you punks!

Mulder: It's true, Scully, I've lost the plot. I can't find the hidden connections between things anymore. The world has become too crazy
for even my conspiratorial powers.
Scully: Maybe you've just lost your taste for it, especially after all this "birther" stuff.

Dr. They: Kids today don't even know what this means. Why should they? I mean, when's the last time someone admitted doing something they were ashamed of? Even if caught on tape doing it, they just say, "Well, that was taken out of context."

Dr. They: Who's hiding? I'm in the phone book. But nobody knows what's a phone book anymore.

Dr. They: It's my new platform: "phony fake news." It's a presentation of real facts, but in a way that assures no one will believe any of it.

Dr. They: I felt a professional courtesy to meet with you and to tell you this in person... you're dead. Oh, that came out wrong. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I meant your time, Agent Mulder, your-your time has passed.

Dr. They: They don't really care whether the truth gets out, because the public no longer knows what's meant by "the truth." ... I mean, no one can tell the difference anymore between what's real and what's fake.
Mulder: There's still an objective truth, an objective reality.
Dr. They: So what?

Dr. They: The point is, I can tell you all of this, right out in the open, because it doesn't matter who knows about it. They won't know whether to believe it or not.
Mulder: To be honest, I'm not believing any of this.
Dr. They: Well, believe what you want to believe... that's what everybody does nowadays anyway.

Dr. They: I can't control people's minds. Although it turns out you don't really have to. All you need is some people to think it's possible.
Mulder: And then you've sown the seeds of uncertainty...
Dr. They: All you really need is a laptop.

Dr. They: You know, our current president once said something truly profound. He said, "Nobody knows for sure."
Mulder: What was he referring to?
Dr. They: What does it matter?

Reggie: So you remember how, uh, crazy people used to be portrayed as thinking they were Napoleon? When did that stop? Maybe it's another Mengele Effect, right?

Reggie: Well, uh, take care, guys. Stay sane. And, um, good luck with the rest of your cases.

Mulder: Reggie. Our last case together, what happened?
Reggie: ... We found the truth that's out there.

Mulder: Is that what I think it is?
Reggie: It's the gold record. Yup. It's the Voyager. What's left of it...

Alien: Our study is now complete. We no longer wish to have any further contact with you. We have returned your music sampler but will no longer tolerate any further efforts on your part to venture beyond your realm. We are building a wall. It will be a beautiful, albeit invisible, electromagnetic wall that will subatomically incinerate any probes you attempt to send beyond your solar system. You're free to explore Uranus all you want. But we can't allow your kind to infiltrate the rest of the cosmos.
    You're not sending us your best people. You're bringing drugs. You're bringing crime. You're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people, but we have no choice. Believe me. For although the rest of the galaxies all have their share of these same problems, we fear you could infect us with the one trait that is unique to Earthlings... You lie.

Alien: To show there are no hard feelings, we've compiled a compendium of answers to any questions you might still have regarding... anything. Good luck, and good riddance.

Mulder: So that's the truth? We're not alone in the universe, but nobody likes us?
Scully: It's okay, Mulder. There'll always be more X-Files.

Scully: I want to remember how it was. I want to remember how it all was.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий