3 янв. 2018 г.

Mad Idolatry

The Orville 1×12


Klyden: It is aged nine years. The perfect duration for good opsadda.
Ed: Man, if it, uh, looks like this going in, I'm afraid of what it looks like coming out.
Klyden: Opsadda does not come out. It grows into a parasite within the body. The sensation is intensely pleasurable. Mmm.

Klyden: There is a popular Moclan game called latchkum that we play from time to time.
Ed: Oh, well, break it out. Show me.
Bortus: I do not believe you would enjoy it. It is not for humans.
Ed: Come on. You know what? There's so much I don't know about your culture. I-I want to... I want to learn.

Ed: They were wrong about the opsadda. It does come out.

Kelly: Cultural contamination. I don't need you to remind me of the rules.
Isaac: I am merely attempting to be helpful, commander. There is no need to be... What does captain Mercer call it?.. Pissy.

Isaac: Sir, I may have a theory. I believe what we have encountered is a planet locked in a multiphasic orbit.
Ed: Okay, let's pretend I don't know what that is.
Gordon: Do you know what that is?
Ed: I do not.
Gordon: So we could just say that.
Ed: Thanks, buddy.


Isaac: Scans have revealed a temporal inconsistency indicating that when the planet moves out of our universe and into the other, its time constant undergoes an acceleration.
Gordon: Can you translate that for dumb guys who might also be a little drunk?
Isaac: 11 days have passed for us. But for the planet, approximately 700 years have elapsed.

Kelly: Look, there's been a little misunderstanding. I'm not who you think I am.
Valondis: But you are. Healer of men. Divine hand of the heavens. God of all creation.
Alara: Man, this guy'd be the perfect boyfriend.

Kelly: I am so very, very sorry for all of the trouble that I've caused.
Fadolin: Don't be. ... Our society has become a spacefaring culture with ships spread out across the galaxy... But we wouldn't have gotten where we are without growing pains. Our planet worshipped you as a deity for many centuries. But had it not been you, the mythology would have found another face. It's a part of every culture's evolution. It's one of the stages of learning. And eventually, it brought us here.
Baleth: So you see, commander, you didn't poison our culture with false faith. We flourish. You must have faith... In reason, in discovery and in the endurance of the logical mind.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий