13 янв. 2018 г.

Dolores Claiborne

Selena: You already said it was brilliant.
Peter: I said it was wonderful.
Selena: There's a difference?
Peter: Yeah. Half a page.

Dolores Claiborne: Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Dolores Claiborne: I guess if you want to know somebody's life... you look at their hands. That's what 22 years of Vera Donovan will do to you.

Dolores Claiborne: Hell ain't something you get thrown into overnight. The real hell comes on you as slow... and steady as a line of wet winter sheets. Snot leaking off your nose. Your hands so cold and raw... you start wishing they'd go numb. It's only December. You know by February... the skin's gonna be cracked so bad, it'll break open and bleed if you clench a fist. But you go to the next... and the next and before you know it, those sheets stretch out 20 years.

Dolores Claiborne: You want it... you cut it.

Dolores: Selena, you've been drinkin'.
Selena: No shit.
Dolores: I wish you wouldn't.
Selena: Look at me! Look at me. You see how I am right now? What good is that gonna do? Because in 10 minutes... I'm going to be fine.

Dolores Claiborne: Why'd you do this, Vera? Why?
Vera Donovan: Because... I hate... the smell of being old. I'm tired... and I want to be done. Will you help me, Dolores? Will you please... help me die?

Vera Donovan: Are we quite finished?
Dolores Claiborne: I'm sorry, Mrs. Donovan. I truly am.
Vera Donovan: "Vera." I insist all women who have hysterics in my drawing room... call me by my Christian name.

Vera Donovan: It's a depressingly masculine world we live in, Dolores...

Vera Donovan: Husbands die every day, Dolores... One is probably dying right now, while you're sittin' here weeping. They die... and leave their wives their money. I should know, shouldn't I?

Vera Donovan: An accident, Dolores... can be an unhappy woman's best friend.

Dolores: I can't.
Vera: Sometimes, Dolores... sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch... to survive. Sometimes... being a bitch... is all a woman has to hang onto.

--
++ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий