27 янв. 2018 г.

Demons, Sunday School, and Prime Numbers

Young Sheldon 1×11


Mary: What are y'all playing, Chutes and Ladders?
Young Sheldon: Tam is teaching us Dungeons & Dragons.
Mary: Oh.
Young Sheldon: We're on a quest to find the pitchfork of a devil named Baalzebul.

Mary: I'm worried. There are incantations in this book to summon actual demons.

Mr. Nguyen: So what is the problem with this game?
Mary: The problem is, it goes against the teachings of the church.
Mr. Nguyen: All right. Listen to me. A problem is starving to death in a Communist reeducation camp. A problem is not seeing your family for many years while you remove land mines from the Ho Chi Minh trail. A game boys play with make-believe demons, not a problem.

Pastor Jeff: Sheldon needs to start attending Sunday school. If he likes books with demons and devils, I've got one that will blow his mind.
George: What book is that?
Mary: The Bible, George.
George: Sure, yeah.

Pastor Jeff: So I'll see you Sunday morning at 8:00.
Young Sheldon: No, you won't. I cast a second level spell of invisibility on myself.
Meemaw: Well, that game isn't making him any smarter.

Mary: Shelly, why aren't you asleep?
Young Sheldon: I'm studying for Sunday school.
Mary: You're reading the Bible? That's wonderful!
Young Sheldon: I do have a question... Is there anyone in our town from the Amalek tribe?
Mary: I don't know, why?
Young Sheldon: If there is, we're supposed to kill them and their cows.


Mary: I'm actually grateful to that Dungeons & Dragons game. It helped lead him to God.

Young Sheldon: I'm done.
Mary: You finished it?!
Young Sheldon: All of it. Ask me which birds are kosher.

Young Sheldon: Jesus isn't God?
Tam: No, he's his son. But you do eat him, and drink his blood. Oh, there's also a ghost, but not the scary kind.
Young Sheldon: Like Casper?

Tam: Every once in a while, you have to confess your sins to a priest.
Young Sheldon: Not me, I don't have any sins.
Tam: Then you have the sin of pride.
Young Sheldon: Your religion is making me feel bad.
Tam: That's how you know it's working.

Young Sheldon: So Meemaw tells me you're Jewish.
Ira: Right to it, huh? All right, let's do this.

Young Sheldon: What's it like to be Jewish?
Ira: Oh, it's terrible. I don't recommend it.
Young Sheldon: Why?
Ira: Well, for starters, your life is hemmed in by ancient, pointless rules. There's a lot of yelling, and, uh, you're probably not gonna get into a good country club.

Young Sheldon: What about God?
Ira: What about Him?
Young Sheldon: Does he play a part in your life?
Ira: Well, historically, he's gotten a kick out of punishing us.

Young Sheldon: What about Jesus? He was Jewish.
Ira: Oh, we've got a lot of celebrities. Uh, we've got, uh, we got William Shatner, and Leonard Nimoy...
Young Sheldon: Kirk and Spock? I want to be Jewish.

Young Sheldon: The only sin in Mathology is being stupid.

Young Sheldon: Welcome to the Church of Mathology. Today, I'd like to talk about prime numbers, and why they bring us joy.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий