20 мая 2013 г.

The Woman & Heroine

Elementary 1×23 & 24

(Season Finale)

& Irene: Shame, really. The world would be a more interesting place with a few new Turners in it.

& Sherlock: Do you do original work?
    Irene: What could I add to all this? What could anyone?

& Irene: I’ve already told you that you’re beautiful, and I can see the way you’re looking at me. Why would we need to leave this apartment to enjoy each other’s company?
    Sherlock: A game with proper stakes then.

& Sherlock: Moriarty is quite clearly smarter than I am. A man should know when he’s beaten.

& Sherlock: I have no need of a sponsor to keep me from turning to heroin. I have my duties. Now go. My water turns hot, your case grows cold.

& Watson: Somebody had to buy this for Irene, right? If we figure out where it came from, maybe we can find out who was watching her.
    Detective Bell: Feels just like having Holmes here, doesn’t it?
    Captain Gregson: Hmm.

& Irene: What’s up?
    Sherlock: Yes, well, it’s been several weeks since our meeting-turned-interrogation turned... sexual marathon. A memorable afternoon and evening. I’m sure you’d agree.

& Sherlock: It seems to me, we had an experience worth repeating. Just... I’m curious as to why you differ.
    Irene: I don’t differ. I reject your whole premise. Our afternoon was one of the most unique and memorable of my life. It can’t be repeated. We could try, but that’s just a game of diminishing returns, isn’t it? I’d rather just remember it the way it was.

& Irene: Is this all I am now? A piece of exercise equipment for your brain?
    Sherlock: You’re the greatest piece of exercise equipment a man could ever hope to throw a leg over.
    Irene: That’s Keats, right?
    Sherlock: ... You’re right.

& Sherlock: I’m being terribly rude.
    Irene: Yes, but you’re typically quite rude. I’m trying to figure out why it doesn’t bother me.
    Sherlock: ’Cause you’re rude. Well, I mean, you’re... you’re honest. Simple minds they always confused great honesty with great rudeness.

& Sherlock: I came to say good-bye.
    Watson: I don’t understand. How-how long will you be gone?
    Sherlock: That’s difficult to say. If you could dismantle Moriarty’s empire in my absence, thereby guaranteeing Irene’s safety, that would go a long way to expediting my return.

& Sherlock: So why kill me now? Not then?
    Isaac Proctor: I was under orders that day. Moriarty said you weren’t to be harmed. But then, a few hours ago, she tried to have me killed.
    Sherlock: “She”?
    Irene: Bet you wish you’d run away with me when you had the chance.
    Sherlock: ... Moriarty.


& Moriarty: The truth is, I see everything you do. I feel it. Makes the world quite dull, no? Looking at a man, and knowing all his secrets.
    Sherlock: So you’re saying we’re the same.
    Moriarty: I’m saying I’m better. And that’s why I let you live, back in London.

& Moriarty: Same old Sherlock. You look at people and you see puzzles. I see games. You? You’re a game I’ll win every time.

& Sherlock: I’ll stop you.
    Moriarty: I would never kill you. Not in a million years. You may not be as unique as you thought, darling, but you’re still a work of art. I appreciate art. What I-I can do... what I will do... is hurt you. Worse than I did before.

& Sherlock: Watson, you’re here. Excellent. There’s so much I need to tell you.

& Sherlock: What’s the point of living with a former surgeon if she can’t stitch the occasional bullet hole?

& Watson: You need to be treated for the pain.
    Sherlock: May I remind you I am a recovering drug addict?
    Watson: May I remind you that there is such a thing as non-addictive painkillers?
    Sherlock: How good can they be if they’re non-addictive?

& Sherlock: I’ve come to believe it might be a good thing in the long run.
    Detective Bell: Good thing?.. Must be some interesting math you’re doing.
    Sherlock: Well, I’ve never had a nemesis before. Not a proper one. Quite looking forward to it. I imagine it to be tremendously energizing.

& Sherlock: Less talking, Watson, more tending.
    Watson: Okay. What’s the pain like today?
    Sherlock: It’s fine. It’s barely even noticeable.
    Watson: Give me a number... one to ten.
    Sherlock: Pi. It’s a mathematical constant that is approximately equal to... three point one four.
    Watson: Three point one four, yes. If you’re saying the pain is about three, I don’t believe you.

& Sherlock: You Watson women and your heels. Your mother’s in her early 60s. Should have resigned herself to flats years ago.

& Moriarty: You’re not afraid of me?
    Watson: Too angry to be afraid.

& Moriarty: Talk to Sherlock. Tell him I’ll only be here for a few more days. After that, he can have his city back. He can have this whole insipid country back.
    Watson: You’re afraid of him. If you weren’t, you wouldn’t have gone to so much trouble.
    Moriarty: ... My dear Watson, I’m afraid of what he might force me to do.

& Theophilus: In all my years of smuggling, I never handled one of these.
    Moriarty: It’s simple. You just point and shoot.

& Watson: Sherlock! You’re slamming your hand into your bullet wound.
    Sherlock: I was having problems staying awake and I tried reasoning with my hypothalamus, but... in the end, it required corporal punishment.

& Watson: What say we go stop this bitch?

& Sherlock: We are... the same. You and I. We both made the same mistake. We fell in love. It made us stupid.

& Sherlock: My nemesis has been defeated. Is that about the long and the short of it?
    Watson: Yes. Yes. So, does that mean you need to find a new nemesis, or is this more of a lifetime appointment?

& Sherlock: As the discoverer of the species, the privilege of naming the creatures falls to me. Allow me to introduce you to Euglassa Watsonia.
    Watson: You named a bee after me? You named a bee after me.

--
The Woman: IMDb

Heroine: IMDb

Σ So no The Reichenbach Fall in the end? What can it possibly be a Season 2 then? Show must go on. & seems it will be.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий