27 мая 2013 г.

The Better Half

Mad Men 6×9

& Crane: Pete, you want to get your balls tickled? Go see a headhunter.
    Pete: Are you leaving?!
    Crane: Look, when things settle down, I’m gonna be a partner. For the time being, it’s nice to know that the water’s warm out there.

& Peggy: You’re both demanding and you’re both pigheaded. You’re the same person sometimes. The difference is that he’s interested in the idea and you’re interested in your idea.
    Don: He’s interested in his idea. Don’t let him fool you.
    Peggy: Well, he never makes me feel this way.
    Don: He doesn’t know you.

& Mr. Dell: I don’t think you heard. I want to be alone with you all night.
    Betty: Mr. Dell, I have three children.
    Mr. Dell: I don’t care.
    Betty: No, look at me. Can you believe I’ve had three children?

& Cop: Come on, were they colored or Puerto Rican?
    Abe: Or white?! I’m from Brooklyn and I always keep my eyes down.
    Cop: Could you describe the shoes?..

& Abe: Those kids have no other recourse in this system.
    Peggy: They’re animals!
    Abe: They were brought here by slave ships!
    Peggy: Well, I was brought here by you. I don’t care if I take a loss, I’m gonna sell this shithole.

& Joan: How old is he?
    Roger: He’s four. He’s having a special day with Pop-pop. We’re going to the zoo and maybe the movies.
    Joan: So it’s just a regular workday.


& Duck: Pete, one day I looked in the mirror and I realized I had regrets because I didn’t understand the wellspring of my confidence.
    Pete: Gin?
    Duck: My family.
    Pete: My family is a constant distraction.
    Duck: You better manage that or you’re not gonna manage anything.

& Betty: What are you doing?
    Don: Waiting for you to tell me to stop.

& Don: Is this what it would have been like if we’d stayed together?
    Betty: I don’t think about that anymore. I’m happy in my life. Let’s just enjoy this.

& Don: Why is sex the definition of being close to someone?
    Betty: I don’t know, but it is for me. It is for most people.
    Don: Just because you climb a mountain doesn’t mean you love it.
    Betty: Climbing a mountain? Is that what making love is to you?

& Betty: That poor girl... She doesn’t know that loving you is the worst way to get to you.

& Megan: Maybe that’s stupid or young to think like that, but... something has to change.

& Peggy: He’s going to be fine. But it’s over. We’re done.
    Ted: I’m sorry to hear that.
    Peggy: You are?
    Ted: You’ll find someone else. And whoever he is, he’s lucky to have you.
    Peggy: ... Thank you.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий