28 мая 2013 г.

The Borgias in Love

The Borgias 1×5

& Cesare: You loved my father.
    Vanozza: Fool that I am, my son, perhaps I love him still.
    Cesare: Can it be cured?
    Vanozza: No. It can be endured, embraced and suffered.

& Vanozza: You could leave the Church. And displease your father. If you dare...
    Cesare: I fear nothing, Mother.

& Cesare: My fear is the cardinal would invite apocalypse.
    Borgia: He would open the 7 seals?
    Cesare: No, Father. Let us not talk in metaphors.

& Borgia: You should go to Florence tease out their intentions. Those Medici bankers have a preacher, Savonarola, who accuses them of usury. Perhaps we should offer them an excommunication... public burning... if they support our just cause.

& Duke Ludovico Sforza: They call me Il Moro, Cardinal. Can you imagine why?
    Della Rovere: Because of Your Highness’ dark complexion?
    Duke Ludovico Sforza: Because of my cunning. Like the Moors of old, I outwit them all.

& Machiavelli: He would meet with my master, Piero de Medici?
    Savonarola: ...fools who refrain from it.
    Cesare: No. He would meet with you, Ambassador.
    Savonarola: Thus, thy fulfilled the saying of Isaiah-
    Machiavelli: Aha, a conspiracy then.
    Savonarola: “They declare their sin as Sodom”-
    Cesare: No. More like an inquisition.


& Cesare: This friar would burn your Florence to the ground.
    Machiavelli: Not quite.
    Savonarola: Oh, no one can persuade you it is sinful to lend at usury.
    Machiavelli: He would reduce us to his own status.
    Savonarola: ...and make unjust bargains...
    Cesare: Which is?
    Machiavelli: A pile of straw on a monastery floor.

& Machiavelli: Why should I tell you what Florence told him?
    Cesare: I could perhaps ensure that instead of your beautiful Florence, Friar Savonarola himself burns.
    Machiavelli: Hmph! An impressive offer.
    Cesare: So, Florence offered the good cardinal?
    Machiavelli: What he offered Florence... Nothing.

& Borgia: No, not Juan. Juan will do what Juan will do.
    Giulia Farnese: Cesare? Now that would be-
    Borgia: No, you know Cesare can never marry. No, for... for Joffre.
    Giulia Farnese: Good God. Will you never stop?
    Borgia: Never.
    Giulia Farnese: You are going to ensnare the whole of Europe in your progeny.
    Borgia: What else are families for, hm?

& Cesare: Since I have become eminent, I have grown indolent.
    Micheletto: I believe one goes with the other, Your Eminence.
    Cesare: Call me Borgia this good morning. And I shall call you baron.

& Micheletto: One blade is never enough, Your Eminence.

& Micheletto: You should let me deal with him, Your Eminence.
    Cesare: Did he insult your mother?
    Micheletto: Then we should both do it.
    Cesare: Where would the valour be in that?.. Or the pleasure?

& Cesare: I shall do this... alone.

& Micheletto: You killed this man with grace, Your Eminence. You should be proud.
    Cesare: Will I be thanked for it?
    Micheletto: In my experience, one rarely is.
    Cesare: A thankless task then.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий