20 мая 2013 г.

Second Sons

Game of Thrones 3×8

& Arya: Is that the Blackwater?
    “The Dog,” Clegane: The Blackwater? Where do you think I’m taking you?
    Arya: Back to King’s Landing to Joffrey and the queen.
    “The Dog,” Clegane: Fuck Joffrey. Fuck the queen.

& Daenerys: I’d like to talk to the Titan’s Bastard about winning.
    Ser Barristan: He may not agree to meet.
    Daenerys: He will. A man who fights for gold can’t afford to lose to a girl.

& Daenerys: You’ll have gold and castles and lordships of your choosing when I take back the Seven Kingdoms.
    Daario Naharis: You have no ships. You have no siege weapons. You have no cavalry.
    Daenerys: A fortnight ago, I had no army. A year ago, I had no dragons. You have two days to decide.

& Stannis: What do you mean to do with him?
    Melisandre: You know what I mean to do with him.
    Stannis: Then why bathe him and dress him in fine clothes? If it needs to be done, do it. Don’t torture the boy.
    Melisandre: Have you ever slaughtered a lamb, my king?
    Stannis: No.
    Melisandre: If the lamb sees the knife, she panics. Her panic seeps into her meat, darkens it, fouls the flavor.
    Stannis: You’ve slaughtered many lambs?
    Melisandre: And none have seen the blade.

& Davos: She’s going to kill him.
    Stannis: Sacrifice him.
    Davos: Forgive me, Your Grace, I’m not a learned man, but is there a difference between kill and sacrifice?

& Stannis: I never asked for this. No more than I asked to be king. We do not choose our destiny, but we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty.

& Davos: When my son was five he said to me, “I don’t ever want to die.” I wanted to say to him, “You won’t, child. You won’t ever.” I hated the idea of him lying awake in the dark, afraid. I think mothers and fathers made up the gods because they wanted their children to sleep through the night.

& Mero of Braavos, “The Titan’s Bastard”: Daario Naharis, the whore who doesn’t like whores.
    Daario: I like them very much. I just refuse to pay them. And I’m no whore, my friend.
    Mero: She sells her sheath and you sell your blade. What’s the difference?
    Daario: I fight for beauty.
    Mero: For beauty? We fight for gold.
    Daario: The gods gave men two gifts to entertain ourselves before we die... the thrill of fucking a woman who wants to be fucked and the thrill of killing a man who wants to kill you.

& Sansa: I hope I will not disappoint you, my lord.
    Tyrion: No, don’t. You don’t have to speak to me as a prisoner anymore. You won’t be a prisoner after today. You’ll be my wife. I suppose... that’s... a different kind of prison.

& Tyrion: Do you drink wine?
    Sansa: When I have to.
    Tyrion: Well, today you have to.


& Margaery: You look radiant, Your Grace.
    Cersei: Radiant? Why radiant?
    Margaery: It’s the word that came to mind. We’re going to be sisters soon. We should be friends.

& Cersei: You know the song “The Rains of Castamere”?
    Margaery: Of course. They play it so often here at court.
    Cersei: So you know the story of House Reyne of Castamere?
    Margaery: Not as well as you, I’m sure.
    Cersei: House Reyne was a powerful family. Very wealthy. The second wealthiest in Westeros. Aren’t the Tyrells the second wealthiest family in Westeros now?.. Of course, ambitious climbers don’t want to stop on the second highest rung. If only you could take that final step, you’d see further than all the rest. You’d be alone with nothing but blue sky above you.

& Cersei: So Lord Reyne built a castle as grand as Casterly Rock. He gave his wife diamonds larger than any my mother ever wore. And finally one day, he rebelled against my father. Do you know where House Reyne is now?
    Margaery: Gone.
    Cersei: Gone. A gentle word. Why not say slaughtered? Every man, woman, and child put to the sword. I remember seeing their bodies hanging high above the gates of Casterly Rock. My father let them rot up there all summer. It was a long summer.
            “And now the rains weep o’er their halls,
            and not a soul to hear.”
        If you ever call me sister again... I’ll have you strangled in your sleep.

Ω “The Rains of Castamere”, the next episode. Someone must be ready.

& Gendry: That’s good. That’s really good.
    Melisandre: Where do you think it’s from?
    Gendry: I couldn’t even guess.
    Melisandre: Doesn’t matter, does it? It’s the real thing or it’s not. You only need a tongue to tell the difference.

& Melisandre: Let me show you what you have inside you. Come fight death with me.

& Lady Olenna: So their son will be your nephew. After you’re wed to Cersei, of course. And you will be the king’s stepfather and brother-in-law. When you marry the king, Joffrey’s mother will become his sister-in-law and your son will be Loras’ nephew?.. Grandson?.. I’m not sure. But your brother will become your father-in-law. That much is beyond dispute.

& Lord Tywin: You seem rather drunk.
    Tyrion: Rather less than I plan to be. Isn’t it a man’s duty to be drunk at his own wedding?

& Loras: Well... My father once told me-
    Cersei: Nobody cares what your father once told you.

& Tyrion: There... will be... no bedding ceremony.
    Joffrey: There will be if I command it!
    Tyrion: Then you’ll be fucking your own bride with a wooden cock.

& Tyrion: A bad joke, Your Grace. Made out of envy of your own royal manhood. Mine is so small. My poor wife won’t even know I’m there.
    Lord Tywin: Your uncle is clearly quite drunk, Your Grace.
    Tyrion: I am. Guilty. But... but it is my wedding night. My tiny drunk cock and I have a job to do.

& Tyrion: Astoundingly long.
    Sansa: What?
    Tyrion: Neck. You have one.

& Tyrion: How old are you exactly?
    Sansa: 14.
    Tyrion: Well, talk won’t make you any older.

& Tyrion: Stop. I can’t. I could, I won’t.

& Tyrion: I won’t share your bed. Not until you want me to.
    Sansa: What if I never want you to?
    Tyrion: .... And so my watch begins.

& Daenerys: What do you want?
    Daario: You.

& Daenerys: Why?
    Daario: We had philosophical differences.
    Daenerys: Over what?
    Daario: Your beauty.

--
On the IMDb

Σ Phew. Such the episode.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий