14 мая 2013 г.

Revelations

Spartacus: Blood and Sand

Season 1 Episode 12

& Batiatus: Did you not have eyes towards my ludus? My champions? My wife? You would steal glory from the House of Batiatus. Yet here you are. With nothing but blood and sand for your efforts.

& Spartacus: I’ve pressed for audience all week. Dominus forgets who his champion is.
    Doctore: It is you... who forgets title, master and slave.
    Spartacus: .... Apologies.

& Batiatus: Today we shall witness justice! The base criminal that has so wounded us shall be executed ad gladium! Enter Solonius! Enemy of the people!

& Spartacus: I will see the light fade from his eyes, or join her in the attempt.
    Mira: At expense of my life? The thracian does not know roman law! If one slave spills the blood of his master... All are put to death.
    Spartacus: Each to his own fate... And I to mine.

& Crixus: I draw closer to facing you again in the arena. And reclaiming stolen glories.
    Spartacus: There is no glory. Only blood. Spilled for the pleasure of the romans.
    Crixus: And how they shall roar, when I spill your blood upon the sands.
    Guardian: Spartacus! You are summoned.
    Spartacus: .... I fear you will never have the chance.


& Glaber: Await me at your villa.
    Batiatus: When shall I expect you?
    Glaber: When I arrive.

& Naevia: Dominus has given me to another.
    Crixus: Who? Tell me his name!
    Naevia: What does it matter? We have lived in a dream. And now we must awaken.

& Glaber: Batiatus is little better than the beasts that bear his mark.
    Ilithyia: True, but they do provide a certain amusement.

& Batiatus: Lend name to my cause, and see their deafening cheers transformed into demands for Claudius Glaber, and his desired position of praetor.
    Ilithyia: They do favor Batiatus’ men like no others... Especially Spartacus.
    Glaber: The thracian... And what does it say that your finest gladiator was my worst soldier?
    Batiatus: That I am the greatest lanista in the Republic. For I have taken a wild beast, and forged him into a god.

& Batiatus: Which of my men would you have oppose him?
    Glaber: None. Formation.
    Batiatus: Spartacus wields practice swords. I fear he’s at a disadvantage.
    Glaber: I but give him chance to prove his legend.

& Glaber: Vesper! Linus!
    Batiatus: Legatus...
    Glaber: You opened this door, lanista. And we shall pass through it.

& We return to Rome, absent unworthy entanglements.
    Batiatus: Do not turn from me!
    Glaber: You forget your place, lanista!
    Batiatus: No. I secure it.

& Glaber: Can I believe this will make a difference?
    Batiatus: Open it and see.

& Doctore: Embrace the pain. It is the only way.

& Batiatus: I expect your meetings with Crixus to end.
    Lucretia: Quintus...
    Batiatus: Do not fucking speak. That you would think me a fool is insult enough. I have always known. And turned eye away only because it made you happy, and caused me no thought. Those days have ended. Set your attentions towards our child. And do not see them stray.

& Duro: What do you speak of?
    Spartacus: I speak of nothing.
    Duro: Nothing sounds much like escape.
    Agron: And how would “nothing” find way past Batiatus and all his fucking romans?
    Spartacus: There is but one path... We kill them all.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий