16 мая 2013 г.

Quartet

& Wilf: Reg, you’ve got to try this jam. It is unbelievable. It’s like eating Christmas.

& Wilf: I read somewhere that the average man thinks of sex every seven seconds.
    Reggie: Do you?
    Wilf: I wish it was only every seven seconds.

& Wilf: Boom, boom, chh! Reg, you might as well get used to it, rap’s here to stay.
    Reggie: Oh, I don’t think it is.
    Wilf: That’s what you said about The Beatles.
    Reggie: Well, it isn’t music.
    Wilf: They think it is.
    Reggie: Who?
    Wilf: The kids you’re talking to.

& Cissy: Who was it who said, ’Old age is not for sissies’? I always remember that, you know, because it’s my name... and ’sissies’.


& Reggie: I always wanted to sing Wagner — Tristan. Never came my way.
    Wilf: Wagner! The British should stick to British composers... like Rossini, Donizetti, Verdi.

& Reggie: Now I’d like to ask if any of you have a favourite singer. Don’t be shy.
    — ..... Lady Gaga?
    Reggie: Lady Ga-who?

& Jean: This is not a retirement home, this is a madhouse.

& Cissy: Must be lovely to have visitors, like family. Will you, Jean, have visitors?
    Jean: The grounds are nice.
    Cissy: Yes. Yes.

& Jean: Why do we have to get old?
    Reggie: That’s what people do.

& Simon: We weren’t doing anything!
    Jean: Neither were we.

& Jean: I mean, what were you thinking of? Why did you ask me out to dinner? Why didn’t you just say you want us, average age, what, 1998 to sing the quartet from Rigoletto? ’It’s an honour...’ It’s not an honour. It’s insanity. Is this your idea of revenge?.. I’m going to say something very rude to you. Fuck you!.. And you!

& Jean: It was the biggest mistake of my life.
    Cissy: Darling girl, you still have your future.
    Jean: There’s not a lot of it. Most of it’s been.

& Jean: We’re both very old.
    Reggie: Then let’s get married.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Σ As Wilf says, they ’give a whole new meaning to the word ’chic’.’

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий