2 мая 2013 г.

Split Second

Continuum 2×2

& Kiera: If you don’t follow the path of destiny that shapes the future as I know it, the world won’t end up as it did in my time.
    Alec: Is that necessarily a bad thing?

& Alec: At a certain point you’re gonna have to choose between protecting the future for your unborn family or protecting the future for yourself and those of us who are alive now.

& Kellogg: You know I had a job like this once, way back... or is that way forward? Mopping floors and cleaning toilets. Good, honest work my father called it. I hated that job but I guess it did teach me something.
    Alec: And what’s that?
    Kellogg: Well first off, money and power doesn’t mean your shit doesn’t stink. More importantly, the only thing separating me and the future I wanted was will. I had the talent and the ambition, all I needed was a chance. The problem is, of course, you’re rarely given that chance, more often than not you’ve gotta take it. So one day, on my knees cleaning up where some idiot had missed with his piss, I did.
    Alec: Then what did you do?
    Kellogg: I quit. I scratched and clawed and willed myself into my own business. I put all that hard work into Kellogg Incorporated.

& Kellogg: Both of our futures rely on your own will. All you have to do is look down and realize that you’re on your knees too. The only difference is... you... are... a genius.

Alec, when you’re done with this customer can you drop by my office? My printer’s jammed.

& Kellogg: Printer jams, how novel... You know there’s no paper in the future? Or should I say no future in paper.

& Inspector Dillon: Nothing like a nice drive through the countryside.
    Agent Gardiner: The day is young...
    Inspector Dillon: I guess being a pessimist is part of your job description?

& Kellogg: It’s like I said, no strings attached. You’re the brains, I’m the money.


& Alec: Hey, can I ask you something that might sound a little bit weird?
    Kellogg: I’m a time traveler, kid... weird is my specialty.

& Kellogg: Here’s the deal, kid. In 2077, you are in today’s terms... Zuckerberg, Jobs, Buffett and Gates all rolled into one.
    Alec: Rich...
    Kellogg: No, no, no... beyond rich, epic wealth.

& Alec: What if you’re here for a reason, what if you coming back in time wasn’t an accident?
    Kellogg: You’re talking about fate.
    Alec: No, I’m talking about design.

& Travis: Here’s some free advice, detective... cash in that shitty pension, turn in that badge, buy that motorcycle you’ve always dreamed about and a shitload of guns.

& Carlos: Time travelers?
    Kiera: Time travelers, we’re all time travelers!
    Travis: Brother, you have no idea who the delusional one in this relationship is... I can tell you it’s not me and it’s definitely not her, so you do the math.

& Kellogg: A toast! A toast to fear... Fear infects the minds of our opponents. Fear slows them down and opens the door to self-doubt and inaction. You see without their fear, our bravery would be meaningless. You can’t fear failure because in doing so, you are inviting failure. I think it was T.S. Eliot who said ’only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go...’
    Alec: Let’s do this.

--
On the IMDb

Σ Good Ep.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий