31 мая 2013 г.

Death, on a Pale Horse

The Borgias 1×7

& French General: Tell me, Cardinal, what is the Italian for cannon?
    Della Rovere: We have no such word, General.
    French General: For gunpowder?.. Recoil? Battery? Cannonball? Ordnance?
    Della Rovere: I’m at a loss.
    French General: You will need a new language then.

& Cesare: A happy accident?
    Lucrezia: Yes. God is good.
    Cesare: But he will recover?
    Lucrezia: Unfortunately, yes.
    Cesare: You are no longer a child, Sis... I won’t forgive him for that.
    Lucrezia: There was a reason for my marriage, Brother. Remind me of it.

& Ursula Bonadeo: You have a power, Cardinal Cesare Borgia, a strength, a destiny that even you don’t recognize. ... You can use that strength for good or for ill but I have no doubt it will be used, and the whole of Italy will be changed by it.


& Della Rovere: But what can justify such carnage?
    King Charles VIII: It is war, Cardinal, plain and simple.
    Della Rovere: They would have surrendered to you, readily.
    King Charles VIII: As the whole of Italy will surrender to me now.

& Borgia: We will bear no more opposition to our word.
    Cardinal Sforza: Then you must excommunicate half of Christendom.
    Borgia: Indeed.
    Cardinal Sforza: Because half of the world is against us.
    Borgia: We will not tolerate this heresy! This apostasy! This is the chair of St. Peter’s! We are the voice of the Living God! We will occupy this chair until our death, and the fires of Hell shall rain down on those who would oppose us! We are, all of us... about to be sorely tested. And you... are either with us... or against us.

& Giovanni Sforza: Forgive me... for speaking so plainly. But understand that if Florence admits the French armies, then the Sforza arms may march with France.
    Lucrezia: It is unwise, my lord, to upset me thus...

& Della Rovere: I’ve heard rumors that the whole of Florence could be excommunicated if this city is surrendered to French arms.
    Machiavelli: Well, then, perhaps that depends on one’s definition of surrender.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий