12 мая 2013 г.

Buyout

Breaking Bad 5×6

& Walter: Todd, why don’t you step outside for a few minutes so we can talk this through?

& Skyler: Marie, there are things you just don’t know. That if you knew, you’d never speak to me again.
    Marie: Try me.

& Mike: It’s a big country, Walter. Whole lot of meth-heads.
    Walter: Pennies on the dollar, Jesse. And that’s what you’re gonna sell out for?
    Jesse: Pennies? Why? Five million isn’t pennies. It’s more money than I’ve ever seen. And when it comes down to it, are we in the meth business? Or the money business?

& Jesse: Look, when you, uh, when you started this thing, did you ever dream of having $5 million? I know for a fact that you didn’t. I know for a fact all you needed was was 737,000, ’cause you worked it all out, like, mathematically. Look, if selling the methylamine now means that no one else ever gets killed, then I vote for that, man. Hands down. And we could have it tomorrow. We would be out.

& Walter: ...But for personal reasons, I decided to leave the company. And I sold my share to my two partners. I took a buyout for $5,000. Now, at the time, that was a lot of money for me. Care to guess what that company is worth now?
    Jesse: Millions?..
    Walter: Billions, with a “B.” 2.16 billion as of last Friday. I look it up every week. And I sold my share, my potential, for $5,000. I sold my kids’ birthright for a few months’ rent.


& Walter: Jesse, you asked me if I was in the meth business or the money business. Neither... I’m in the empire business.

& Walter: Why don’t you stay for dinner?
    Jesse: No, Mr. White. I’m gonna go.
    Walter: Stay. Come on. It’ll be fun. It’s okay with us, isn’t it, Skyler?
Ω Oh, yeah. It’ll be fun.

& Jesse: Good... good work on your shopping then. Because these are choice. I, uh, I eat a lot of frozen stuff. It’s usually pretty bad. I mean, the pictures are always so awesome, you know? It’s like, “hell yeah, I’m stoked for this lasagna.” And then you nuke it, and the cheese gets all scabby on top, and it’s like... it’s like you’re eating a scab. I mean, seriously, what’s that about? It’s like, yo, whatever happened to truth in advertising? You know? .... Yeah, it’s bad.

& Walter: She made me kick my own kids out of the house. She told me that she was counting the days until my cancer came back. My wife is waiting for me to die... This business is all I have left now. It’s all I have... And you want to take it away from me.

& Jesse: Mr. White’s got an idea!
    Mike: I am gonna count to three.
    Jesse: Mike, I’m serious!
    Mike: One. Two.
    Jesse: It’s a great idea! Look, you get your five million, we both do, and he gets his methylamine, all right? Just hear him out.
    Mike: .... Is that true, Walter?
    Walter: .... Everybody wins.
Ω Wow. Wow. Wow.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Σ Aaron Paul's brilliant. Genius. Family dinner's marvelous.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий