2 мая 2013 г.

The Flood

Mad Men 6×5

& Ginny, realtor: 1,290 square feet. Let’s call it 13 with the balcony. One and a half bathrooms. That means it’s a full bath and a powder room. Two bedrooms, 11th floor, one parking spot with an option for a second. And at $28,000, I do believe that was everything on your list.
    Peggy: It’s a little farther east than I wanted. In fact, it’s about as far east as you could go. You can see the highway from the corner.
    Ginny: You can see the river. And who needs Central Park when you can smell the ocean and the Hungarian bakeries?

& Peggy: I want to talk about my apartment. I made an offer today. I think we’re gonna be neighbors. 84th and York.
    Megan: You’re buying a place?
    Peggy: Well, I paid off my debts and helped out my mother and it turns out I still have this tax problem.
    Megan: Don’t apologize, Peggy. You deserve it.

& Megan: He said he applauded the escalation of decay. So sick of that Marxist bullshit!
    Don: So far it’s only looting in Harlem, but a lot of places are on fire.

& Megan: My father just hides behind his intellect. He doesn’t want to feel any emotions.


& Randall Walsh-insurance: You’d rather not think about it. But there is a tear, and in that tear are all the tears in the world, all the animals crying.
    Don: You’re right... I don’t want to think about it.
    Roger: What Don’s saying is despite what we believe to be good intentions, you’re allowing the emotions of the day, and whatever else you got in your system, to influence your judgment.
    Randall Walsh-insurance: Are you forgetting what Tecumseh said?.. Heya howa howa hoya. Heya howa howa.
    Roger: I had forgotten that. We’ll think about it.

& Dad: You need a girl. But maybe you don’t like ’em.
    Michael: I like girls, Dad.
    Dad: If that was true, you’d be in bed with her right now.
    Michael: I don’t think anybody’s in the mood.
    Dad: It’s quite the opposite. Now’s the time when a man and a woman need to be together the most. In a catastrophe. In the flood, the animals went two by two. You, you’re gonna get on the ark with your father.

& Abe: I don’t want to live on the Upper East Side.
    Peggy: Fine. Why?
    Abe: I don’t know. I saw us raising our kids in a place with more different kinds of people. This photographer trailing me the other night, he lives in the West 80s.
    Peggy: Isn’t it dangerous?
    Abe: No, it’s more rundown. But that’s why it’s so cheap. Get some lumber, a coat of paint... people are doing it.

& Bobby: Everybody likes to go to the movies when they’re sad.

& Don: You don’t understand.
    Megan: I do. You don’t have Marx, you’ve got a bottle.

& Don: I don’t think I ever wanted to be the man who loves children. But from the moment they’re born... that baby comes out and you act proud and excited and hand out cigars... but you don’t feel anything. Especially if you had a difficult childhood. You want to love them, but you don’t. And the fact that you’re... faking that feeling makes you wonder... if your own father had the same problem. Then one day they get older... and you see them do something... and you feel... that feeling that you were pretending to have. And it feels like your heart is going to explode.

--
On the IMDb

3500th

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий