28 мая 2013 г.

Lucrezia's Wedding

The Borgias 1×4

& Lucrezia: Is it... permissible, Donna Giulia, to kiss a dead Moor in your dreams?
    Giulia Farnese: All things are permissible in our dreams.

& Giulia Farnese: First, there’s a chaste kiss, full of promise, like this one...
    Lucrezia: That’s easy.
    Giulia Farnese: Then, there’s the kiss of pleasure, which begins to promise...
    Lucrezia: You know them all?
    Giulia Farnese: All of them. There are many more. Any woman must.

& Lucrezia: Did my mother kiss my father thus?
    Giulia Farnese: I would hazard she did.
    Lucrezia: And you... do you kiss him thus now?

& Lucrezia: The Borgia family will be united with the Sforzas, but however noble their lineage, they cannot bar my mother from my wedding day!
    Borgia: No, but these are issues, my dear daughter, that are beyond your care.
    Lucrezia: But I am learning, Holy Father! She was once what they call a courtesan, and you are the pope of Rome!


& Machiavelli: What is your game?
    Della Rovere: I have no game. But, if I am forced to play, I will head to France, and ask the French king to invade our beautiful Italy.
    Machiavelli: Italy? Is there such an entity?
    Della Rovere: There is a land, Señor Machiavelli, made up of many principalities... the Duchy of Milan, the Republic of your wondrous Florence, the dukedoms of the Romania, the papal states... And to their south, Naples. Borgia has betrothed his daughter to a Sforza. He will marry his son to a Spaniard or a Venetian; His younger son to a Florentine or a Neapolitan. He will weave a web around this Italy that may not exist. He will swallow your Florence, your Venice, your Milan, and Italy then will exist, my liege, under him.

& Machiavelli: And... what do you want of Florence?
    Della Rovere: Nothing.
    Machiavelli: Well, then we will charge you nothing.
    Della Rovere: You misunderstand. I ask that Florence do nothing.
    Machiavelli: Ah. We let those French barbarians march through our principality and do... Nothing. That’s a different kind of nothing. That will cost you something.

& Cesare: Well, is your new husband to your liking?
    Lucrezia: He has a limited vocabulary.
    Cesare: Sforzas are not known for their conversational skills.
    Lucrezia: Perhaps I could teach him new words. Like “tendresse”. “Amore.” “Sprezzatura.”
    Cesare: Sprezzatura? That is a big word.
    Lucrezia: I have heard it means “the effortless display of grace”.
    Cesare: I see no evidence of sprezzatura.

& Cesare: Do my eyes deceive me?
    Ursula: Can eyes deceive?
    Cesare: Perhaps not. Hearts can deceive, words can deceive, but eyes we can trust.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий