11 дек. 2017 г.

Poker, Faith and Eggs

Young Sheldon 1×3


Young Sheldon: You lied to your moon pie.
Meemaw: I bluffed my moon pie.
Young Sheldon: Do people know about this?
Meemaw: Sheldon, what's on a person's face is not always what's in their heart.
Young Sheldon: Well, this changes everything...

Young Sheldon: How do you know who to trust?
Meemaw: You don't. That's what makes life interesting.
Sheldon: Meemaw liked to teach me things that kept me awake at night.

Pastor Jeff: Sometimes people say to me, "Pastor Jeff, how do you know there's a God?" And I say, "It's simple math. God either exists or he doesn't." So let's be cynical. Worst-case scenario, there's a 50-50 chance. And I like those odds.
Young Sheldon: That's wrong.

Pastor Jeff: Well, Sheldon, why don't you come on up here and tell me how I'm wrong.
Mary: No!

Pastor Jeff: So... you were saying?
Young Sheldon: You've confused possibilities with probabilities. According to your analogy, when I go home I might find a million dollars on my bed or I might not. In what universe is that 50-50?

Young Sheldon: Uh-oh. Listen to this. "French philosopher, mathematician and physicist, Blaise Pascal, argued a rational person should believe God exists because you have everything to gain if you're right, and nothing to lose if you're wrong."


Meemaw: What kind of Texan drinks pink wine?

Young Sheldon: I can't lie to my mother.
Meemaw: Sure you can. Believe in yourself!

Sheldon: I didn't pray to God that night. I prayed to Blaise Pascal. My thinking was, if he was right about the existence of God, then he could pass along my request for my dad to get better. If he was wrong... well... in this moment, I needed him to be right.

Pastor Jeff: Yes, Sheldon.
Young Sheldon: You said he didn't create the sun until day four.
Pastor Jeff: Yeah.
Young Sheldon: So how could there be light the first three days?
Pastor Jeff: God is light.
Young Sheldon: So God's a photon?

Pastor Jeff: God's what made photons possible.
Young Sheldon: And what day did he do that?
Pastor Jeff: I would think day one. ... Because the first day had just begun.
Young Sheldon: So, before the Big Bang?
Pastor Jeff: There was no Big Bang. There was only the Word.
Young Sheldon: Was the word "kaboom"?

--
+ quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий