31 дек. 2017 г.

A Patch, a Modem, and a Zantac

Young Sheldon 1×6


Dr. Ronald Hodges: ...before we can set out to explore the solar system, we've got a few minor problems to overcome. Not the least of which is, every time we launch, it costs the U.S. taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars... Yes.
Young Sheldon: If you want to save money, why don't you land the booster rockets instead of letting them drop in the ocean?
Dr. Ronald Hodges: That's a cute idea, but, uh, it's not technically possible.
Young Sheldon: Why not?

Mary: Shelly, you haven't touched your dinner. You feel okay?
Young Sheldon: Oh, yes. I was just thinking...
Mary: About what, baby?
Young Sheldon: The optimal height-to-width ratio for a reusable rocket.
Meemaw: I was just thinking the exact same thing.
Young Sheldon: Really?!
Meemaw: Oh, Moonpie, I love you so much.

Young Sheldon: I'm working on the hyperbolic calculations for a rocket return.
George: Need any help?


Young Sheldon: Dad, can we afford a computer?
George: You do my taxes. What do you think?
Young Sheldon: Never mind.

Meemaw: Uh-huh. How much is a computer?
Young Sheldon: Apple has a nice one for $2,000, but the kind I need costs three million.
Meemaw: Let me see what I got in the vault.... Nine bucks and, uh... Oh, look at that... a peso.

George: We need to ground him.
Mary: How? If you say "No playing outside," he says, "Thank you."

Young Sheldon: ..... And here... near apogee, we gimbal the engine to exert a torque that executes a pitchover maneuver to flip the rocket by 180 degrees.

Dr. Ronald Hodges: Anything else?
Young Sheldon: Yes. I'd like a glass of water. It's time to take my Zantac.

Dr. Ronald Hodges: ...you have to understand, Sheldon, that while your math is-is theoretically correct, we don't have the technical capability to execute it.
Young Sheldon: So I'm ahead of my time?
Dr. Ronald Hodges: Well... it would appear so.
Young Sheldon: All right, call me when you catch up.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack
+ Vanity Card # 573

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий