29 дек. 2017 г.

Peaky Blinders 1x1

Episode #1.1


Thomas: I think... Arthur. That's what I do. I think... so that you don't have to.

Freddie: What kind of a list would have the name of a Communist and the name of a bookmaker side-by-side?
Thomas: Perhaps it's a list of men who give false hope to the poor. The only difference between you and me, Freddie, is that sometimes... my horses stand a chance of winning.

Aunt Polly: You've nothing more to say to this meeting, Thomas?
Thomas: No. Nothing that's women's business.
Aunt Polly: This whole bloody enterprise was women's business while you boys were away at war. What's changed?
Thomas: We came back.

Aunt Polly: Speak. God and Aunt Polly are listening.

Aunt Polly: You have your mother's common sense, but your father's devilment. I see them fighting... Let your mother win.

Harry: You're too pretty.
Grace: Watch. And listen. .... In Ireland my singing made them cry and stopped them fighting.


Chief Inspector Campbell: The Peaky Blinders! The vicious... merciless gangs who blind those that see and cut out the tongues of those who talk. You are worse than them! Those of you who have taken their bribes these years since the war, those of you who look the other way, you... are worse than them! God damn you for soiling your uniforms!
    And then... there are the IRA Fenians and the Communists. Blacker hearts still. They feed on the puss of all this corruption like maggots in a corpse. And like maggots, if left to swell they will eventually swarm like flies and spread their rotten philosophy across the country and across the world!
    Those then... are our enemies! A three-headed beast. It is my job to decapitate each one and by God I will do it!

Campbell: I don't trust any of yous until you earn my trust! And that takes some earning.

Thomas: Are you a whore? Cos if you're not, you're in the wrong place.

Campbell: If it is IRA Fenians, I will find them and find the guns. If it is Communists, I will find them and find the guns. If it is common criminals, I will find them and find the guns. To me there are no distinction between any of the above.

Winston Churchill: Remember this, Mr Campbell. This is England, not Belfast. Bodies thrown in the rivers, wash up in the papers here. .... If there are bodies to be buried, dig holes and dig them deep.

Thomas: If they want them back this bad, they'll have to pay. That's the way of the world. Fortune drops something valuable in your lap, you don't just dump it on the bank of the cut.

Danny: Don't bury me anywhere where there's mud. OK?.. Bury me on a hill and tell Rosie where.

Thomas: In the bleak midwinter...

Uncle Charlie: You're a Peaky Blinder now, Danny.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий