17 дек. 2017 г.

A Therapist, a Comic Book, and a Breakfast Sausage

Young Sheldon 1×4


Sheldon: Fun fact... the first time I almost died was at the age of nine. The murder weapon? A Jimmy Dean sausage.

Sheldon: This one morning, I decided to forgo my normal 20 chews per bite, as prescribed by the American Medical Association...

Missy: You have the coolest excuse. You almost died. Did you see Jesus?

Missy: I came this close to having my own room.

Young Sheldon: You're sitting in my spot.
Tam: Why is it your spot?
Young Sheldon: It's complicated. Just move.

Young Sheldon: You're reading a comic book.
Tam: I am.
Young Sheldon: You do understand those are for children... I outgrew picture books when I was three.

Tam: "I'm not hungry." Three words you never hear in Vietnam.

Meemaw: That Hebrew fella with the comb-over?
Mary: You mean Jewish?
Meemaw: I think they like to be called Hebrew.

Mary: Sheldon Lee Cooper, if you don't finish that pork chop, I swear I will chew it up and spit it in your mouth like a mama bird!
Missy: Do it, Mom. Do it.

Mary: What's he drinking?
Meemaw: Pork chop and gravy. I snuck some broccoli in there, too.

Meemaw: He's a divorcé, you know... It's not a big deal for those people. If they're not a lawyer, they're related to one.


Meemaw: Well, if you're looking for a psychiatrist, I bet my new fella's related to one.

Young Sheldon: Did you tell him I have a lot to accomplish in my life and cannot afford to be killed by an unchewed sausage?
Mary: Not in those exact words.

Young Sheldon: 40 cents? Outrageous.
Sheldon: As fate would have it, the comic I picked up was called X-Men. Young mutants with incredible powers who were feared and misunderstood by the entire world...

Mary: Shelly is incredibly bright. I mean, his IQ is right up there with Albert Einstein and that English wheelchair fella.

Young Sheldon: Excuse me, do you have X-Men #137? I'd like to know what happens next, please.

George: And Sheldon's fine. You know what he's like. If someone took him, I'm sure they'd bring him right back.

Young Sheldon: I'm enjoying this, but I'm having trouble with the onomatopoeia.
Tam: The what?
Young Sheldon: The onomatopoeia. Words that imitate sounds. "Kthoom." "Snikt." "Bamf." Writers shouldn't make up words.

Georgie: She's too old to have any more babies.
Meemaw: Don't have to have 'em. You live long enough, your hair and your teeth start falling out, you start wetting the bed, you get to be one.
Georgie: That's funny. We're gonna have to put a diaper on you.
Meemaw: You won't be laughing when you're doing it. I might be.

Sheldon: ...every superhero had a weakness, something they had to overcome through an extraordinary act of courage. .... So if I truly was a mutant, I would have to do the same. On this day, I would not be defeated. Because this was the day I became... The Chewer.
Just like that, I overcame my fear of choking. All that was left was my fear of dogs, birds, insects, germs, hugging, button fly pants, rivers, ponds, lakes, oceans, estuaries, corduroy, root vegetables, squeaky balloons, tinted windows, take a penny, leave a penny, fireworks, potbelly stoves, dust bunnies, that fuzz on peaches. Ugh.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий