6 сент. 2012 г.

The Five-Year Engagement

& Tom: Chef, I’m trying to propose to my future wife, just right now. Literally, right now.
    Chef Sally: Oh! Wow. Okay, wow. Okay, congratulations, both you guys. Live long and prosper... No, that’s weird. That’s Star Trek.

& George Barnes: My daughter, Violet, the first important thing to remember about marriage is that it requires commitment. The second important thing to remember about marriage is that so does insanity.

& Suzie: Vi, you know I don’t believe in marriage, or kids or anything like that, but when I see you two together, I get what the whole institution is about, you know... Sorry, I promised myself I wouldn’t cry and I just... Fuck!

& Sylvia Dickerson-Barnes: Are you ready for this? Have you considered your finances? Do you know how many children you want to have? Indeed, do you want to have children? Where are you going to live? Do you know each other well enough? No, you see, the tendency when one is young is to be rather naive. One assumes that everything is going to turn out like some wonderful romantic comedy starring Tom Hanks. But, in reality, the sad fact is that most relationships end up like Saving Private Ryan, or Philadelphia.

& Violet: I am going to go to the loo and...
    Tom: I think you literally just went to the bathroom.

& Alex: Guess what I really did last night?.. I’ll give you 69 guesses.

& Alex: What are you doing? You’re flirting with the help!
    Tom: I was not flirting, okay?
    Alex: Oh, really?
    Tom: I was being friendly.
    Alex: Yeah, right. You were sending telepathic wiener missiles at her face, and you know it.

& Sylvia: Violet, America is such a long way away. And grandparents do have a tendency to die.
    Violet: Mum, stop it! They’re all right there. What are you doing?
    Sylvia: Well, for now.

& Violet: It is so great. It’s beautiful. When’s the next available weekend?
    Wedding Barn Manager: In three years. Unless you want to get married on September 11th.
    Violet: I don’t.
    Wedding Barn Manager: Don’t let the terrorists win!

& Violet: I mean, how are you supposed to even pick a dress from a magazine? Look at all of them, they’re all just white and puffy and stupid.
    Suzie: Vi, come on. Hey!
    Violet: What?
    Suzie: It’s supposed to be exciting. This is your wedding. You only get a few of these.

& Suzie: I can’t help it. It must be the hormones.
    Violet: What, you’re at that time of the month again? You’re always on your period.
    Suzie: No.
    Violet: What is it, then?.. Are you pregnant?!
    Suzie: ...... Just a little.


& Ming: Okay, I got a good one. How about we get a subject and then put the subject to sleep, and then cover him with blood and chicken feathers and then put a gun in his hand and then scream inside of his ear.
    Winton: For what purpose?
    Ming: I just want to see what would happen.

& Tom: I think the best thing would be for me to just be alone right now, so that I can think.
    Violet: Okay. I’ll just give you some time then, shall I?
    Tom: Well, don’t go. I mean... I need you here.
    Violet: What do you mean? You just told me you needed time alone. What do you want? I don’t know what you want.
    Tom: I don’t want you to go.
    Violet: Okay.
    Tom: I just want to be alone with you here.

& Alex: I feel like I’m drinking out of Chewbacca’s dick.

& Violet: Did you just fake orgasm?
    Tom: ... No.

& Tarquin: Tom, you’re so lucky, because Violet is like a princess. You know when you’re a little kid and you see Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty or whatever, and you’re like, “I want to fuck that.” You get to... I think that came out wrong. In my head, it... It sounded sweeter in my head.

& Tom: How could you do this to me?
    Winton: I haven’t done anything to you. Violet did something to you, not me. If a woman wants to kiss me, I’m going to fucking kiss her. Underneath all that polite bullshit, we’re all running on caveman software. If she’s got a husband or a fiancé or a boyfriend, it’s on her conscience, not mine.
    Tom: You should run.
    Winton: Look, Tom, this is ridiculous. Let’s just put a stop to this now. Please. Come on, I’m sorry. I really am.
    Tom: Winton, if you feel bad about what you did, then you’ll run from me.
    Winton: Well, okay, I’ll keep running.

& Alex: Seeing you chop onions is depressing. It’s like watching Michael Jordan take a shit. He could probably get it in the toilet from, like, 30 feet away. Three-pointer from the living room.

& Tom: Look, we’re not 100% right for each other. And so, there’s nothing to be said.
    Carol Solomon: I got news for you, moron, your father and I, we’re not even 90% right for each other. Not even 60, okay? But he’s the love of my life. And right now, the love of your life is going to fly away and I bet somewhere in the back of your mind, you’re thinking that she’ll always be there if you want to try again, but you know what? She won’t, because she’s the goddamned best! And some lucky guy is going to make it work with her no matter what. Instead of settling for some 23-year-old airhead who probably doesn’t know who the fucking Beatles are!
    Pete Solomon: Had to be said.

& Tom: What are you doing?!
    Violet: Sorry. I’m sorry. It was just imperative that we stopped at the exit.
    Tom: Well, why?
    Violet: Because I’m trying to propose to you.

--
+ quotes on the Imdb.

Soundtrack

Σ It was so promising from the beginning. And go nowhere. What a pity. Just a _not perfect_ plot. And 124 min for romantic comedy? You must be kidding. 80 min must be a top.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий