7 сент. 2012 г.

Revolution 1x1

Pilot

& Rachel: It’s happening, isn’t it?

& Miles: Bass, why don’t you just call her?
    Bass: Call her? Nobody calls anybody any more. Come on, man. She’s 22. She doesn’t even talk on the phone.

& Ben: Listen to me very, very carefully. It’s all gonna turn off.
    Miles: What?!
    Ben: It’s gonna turn off, and it will never, ever turn back on.
    Miles: What’s gonna turn off? What are you talking about?
    Ben: Everything. Everything’s gonna turn off.

& Ben: What you gotta understand is things used to be different. We used electricity for everything, for our computers, our phones, even to grow food and pump water. But after the blackout, nothing worked. Not even car engines or jet turbines. Hell, even batteries. All of it gone forever. People starved. Sickness without medicine. Fires without fire trucks. Governments fell. Militias rose up. If you were smart, you left the city. If you weren’t, you died there.

& Charlie: There’s other towns like ours, right?.. Other people?..
    Ben: Trust me. There is nothing worth seeing, not any more.


& Aaron: So this brother, Miles, what do we know about him? How do we know that he can help us?
    Charlie: All my dad ever said about him was that he’s good at killing.
    Aaron: Oh. That’s comforting.

& Maggie: Charlie, I’m telling you, you can’t trust anyone.
    Charlie: Is that why you carry poison whiskey? They can’t all be monsters. Some people have to be all right. Don’t they?

& Aaron: So what are you gonna do?
    Miles: This, as far as I know, is the last bottle of single malt in Chicago. My plan is to sit here and drink it.

& Grace: You’re the first person I’ve seen in weeks.
    Captain Neville: What did you do before the blackout?
    Grace: Sorry?
    Neville: Just curious. Humor me, please.
    Grace: I taught algebra.
    Neville: Me, I was an insurance adjuster. Most of my job was figuring out whether the things people said lined up with the truth. Lucky for me, it’s a skill that never goes out of style.

& Nate: Come on down. We don’t wanna hurt you.
    Miles: I don’t wanna hurt them. You know, you could just let me go. I’ll drink myself to death.

--
On the Imdb.


Σ I just don’t understand 1 & only thing: if ’nothing worked... hell, even batteries’, how could it possible to use a flash drives (even if they’re special) and run computers?

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий