8 сент. 2012 г.

Dark Shadows

& Barnabas Collins: It is said that blood is thicker than water. It is what defines us. Binds us. Curses us... For some, blood means a life of wealth and privilege. For others, a life of servitude.

& Victoria: Hello. I’m Victoria Winters.
    Willie: Congratulations.

& Elizabeth Collins Stoddard: How do you feel about the president?
    Victoria: Never met him.
    Elizabeth: The war?
    Victoria: I don’t watch television.
    Elizabeth: Do you think the sexes should be equal?
    Victoria: Heavens, no. Men would become unmanageable.
    Elizabeth: I think we’ll get along just fine, Ms. Winters.

& Barnabas: I am terribly sorry. You cannot imagine how thirsty I am...

& Barnabas: Mephistopheles!

& Carolyn Stoddard: Are you stoned or something?
    Barnabas: They tried stoning me, my dear. It did not work.

& Barnabas: When did they start allowing women of the night on estate grounds?

& David Collins: That’s Vicky. She believes in ghosts, like me.
    Victoria: Hi.
    Barnabas: ... Enchanted. Surely you do not let them call you “Vicky.” A name like Victoria is so beautiful... I could not bear to part with a single syllable of it.

& Barnabas: Have you any idea what you put me through?! You killed the woman I love and cursed me to be this hideous creature.
    Angelique Bouchard: Barnabas, get over it.
    Barnabas: Locked in a box for 200 years!
    Angelique: Don’t exaggerate, it was only 196.

& Elizabeth: You fought on because it’s in your blood.
    Barnabas: In our blood, madam!
    Elizabeth: And now you have a chance to fight again!
    Barnabas: And fight I shall.

& Barnabas: I am reminded of a line... from Erich Segal’s wonderful novel, Love Story. “Love means never having to say... you are sorry.”
    Woman: That is so beautiful...
    Barnabas: However, please know that it is with sincere regret... that I must now kill all of you.

& Barnabas: You must have faith, doctor... for if a man can become a monster, then a monster can become a man.
    Dr. Julia Hoffman: But why become a man, Barnabas? Why give up the gift of eternal youth? Look at me. Every year I get half as pretty and twice as drunk.
    Barnabas: If that is true, madam... you must have started as the most beautiful creature that has ever lived.


& Barnabas: You believe him, that he sees her and speaks to her?
    Victoria: Part of me believes he’s a lonely boy looking for comfort. Part of me believes there are things in this world we don’t understand. Things like magic, death, destiny... I guess as long as it makes him happy, what does it matter what anyone believes?
    Barnabas: Eloquently put.

& Angelique: ...Those are my terms.
    Barnabas: Here are my terms: Goest thou to hell, and swiftly, please. And there may Asmodeus himself suckle from your diseased teat.
    Angelique: Ooh. No one talks like you anymore, Barnabas.
    Barnabas: Yes, indeed. I must say this age does remain a mystery to me.

& Barnabas: That was a regrettable turn of events.

& Barnabas: I do not feel as though I’m becoming more human as yet.
    Dr. Julia Hoffman: Give it some time.
    Barnabas: Time, doctor, I have an unfortunate excess of.

& Barnabas: Ugliest woman I’ve ever seen.

& Barnabas: Master David. Where is the female coat attendant?
    David: My dad’s talking to her inside.
    Barnabas: Hm.
    David: But he told me to keep everybody out.
    Barnabas: I’m sure he did, David. And you’ve done a marvelous job. But now I would like you to go and watch Alice Cooper with the others.
    David: But my dad said...
    Barnabas: Go and watch the Cooper woman.

& Roger Collins: What are you?..
    Barnabas: I am about to do something so repellent... that it sickens me to my very core. I’m going to give you a choice.

& Elizabeth: Barnabas, you’re on fire.

& Angelique: My final offer. Either you agree to rule this little pond of mine side by side... partners and lovers... or I put you back in the box.
    Barnabas: I have already prepared my counterproposal. It reads thusly: You may strategically place your wonderful lips upon my posterior... and kiss it repeatedly!

& Elizabeth: Carolyn? Carolyn, my God!
    Carolyn: I’m a werewolf, okay? Let’s not make a big deal out of it. Woof!

& Victoria: What do we do now?
    Barnabas: What we’ve always done. Endure.

--
+ quotes on the Imdb.

Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий