20 сент. 2012 г.

People Like Us

& Sam: Look, every company has leftovers after a sales cycle, right? Last year’s electronics, ketchup bottles, kitten calendars, toys that didn’t sell at Christmas... Anything with an expiration date. Questionable baby formula. There’s a market for everything, Phil. ... Because in this economy, paper is paper, but goods are good. Unlike the dollar, barter does not depreciate one single percent. It’s the new money. I mean, that’s how you have to think of it.

& Hannah: Your mom’s been trying you all day. Your dad died. I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry.
    Sam: ... What’s for dinner?

& Frankie: No TV, no computer.
    Josh: That’s child abuse!

& Sam: Hi.
    Frankie: You new?
    Sam: Knew what?
    Frankie: N-E-W, newcomer to the meeting?

& Hannah: How are you going to tell your mom?
    Sam: Surprise! You won the golden ticket to the shit factory!

& Sam: You can’t be stealing CDs. Nobody even buys CDs anymore. And it’s a record store. You can’t shoplift from a record store. It’s like kicking a dead man.

& Josh: Sweet wheels, dude. Give me a ride.
    Sam: No, no. Definitely not.
    Josh: Come on, Music Man, you’re already super weird. It’s not going to get any weirder.

& Sam: Don’t forget this. Your musical edification. Gang of Four, The Buzzcocks, Joy Division, The Clash, finish up with Television.

& Frankie: Are you following me?
    Sam: No, I had a had a work thing in the lobby downstairs at 8:00 p.m. Just ended. I thought I’d come up and check out the view and the pool.
    Frankie: Uh-huh. You know when people are lying they tend to over-invent details.
    Sam: Uh...
    Frankie: That was a joke... Caught again. Which you took seriously, because maybe you are lying.

& Sam: Oh, no, no. You shouldn’t use maraschinos. They’re soaked in artificial food dye. Some people are allergic. Most companies switch to natural... It’s my job.
    Frankie: Cherry activist?
    Sam: No, I’m sort of a facilitator.
    Frankie: You’re a robot sent from the future to kill me?
    Sam: Uh, corporate barter.


& Sam: Can I just say, your life is ass.

& Sam: Six rules. And listen up, because I don’t know if I’m gonna be able to tell you this again, okay? These are from my father.
            Number one. If you like something because you think other people are gonna like it, it’s a sure bet no one will.
            Number two. Most doors in the world are closed, so if you find one that you want to get into, you damn well better have an interesting knock. And if you knock like you drum, you’ll be fine.
            Number three. Everything that you think is important isn’t. And everything that you think is unimportant is.
            Number four. Don’t shit where you eat.
    Josh: I wasn’t planning on it.
    Sam: He meant that metaphorically, of course. Now, bear in mind my father was not all that successful.
            Number five. Lean into it.
    Josh: What does that mean?
    Sam: It means that the outcome doesn’t matter. What matters is that you’re there for it. Whatever “it” is, good or bad.
            And finally, number six, a personal favorite. Never sleep with someone who has more problems than you.
    Frankie: Hey!
    Sam: And my very own. Always assume your mother’s listening.
    Frankie: That is definitely a rule.
    Sam: Your mom is always listening.

& Sam: You are going to hate me.
    Frankie: How do you know what I’m going to feel, huh? Are you me?
    Sam: Yeah... Sort of.

James Vincent McMorrow — We Don’t Eat

♪ If this is redemption ♪
♪ Why do I bother at all? ♪
♪ There’s nothing to mention ♪
♪ And nothing has changed ♪
♪ Still I’d rather be working for something ♪
♪ Than praying for the rain ♪
♪ So I wander on till someone else is saved ♪

♪ That we don’t eat until ♪
♪ your father’s at the table ♪
♪ We don’t drink until ♪
♪ the devil’s turned to dust ♪
♪ Never once has any man ♪
♪ I’ve met been able to love ♪
♪ So if I were you ♪
♪ I’d have a little trust ♪

& Hannah: Sweetie, you look like all kinds of shit.

& Lillian: I hope you never have to know what it’s like to love someone and then find out you’re not enough.

& Sam: I guess maybe we could both start trying to be... Be people.

& Sam: I’m asking you to forgive me. And I know it’s a lot. I just... Let me be your brother. I am your brother. I want you to be my sister. It’s all I want.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий