12 сент. 2012 г.

Prometheus

& Elizabeth: Where do they go?
    Elizabeth’s Father: Everyone has their own word. Heaven, Paradise... Whatever it’s called, it’s someplace beautiful.
    Elizabeth: How do you know it’s beautiful?
    Father: Cause that’s what I choose to believe. But what do you believe, darling?

& Meredith: I am Meredith Vickers, and it is my job to make sure you do yours.

& Peter Weyland: Where do we come from? What is our purpose? What happens when we die?

& Fifield: So you’re saying we’re here because of a map, you two kids found in a cave, is that right?
    Elizabeth: No. No, not a map. An invitation.
    Fifield: From whom?
    Elizabeth: We call them Engineers.
    Fifield: Engineers? You mind telling us what they engineered?
    Elizabeth: They engineered us.

& Millburn: But how do you know? Hmm?
    Elizabeth: I don’t. But it’s what I choose to believe.

& Elizabeth: But if we can’t make contact, why did you... why did you even bring us here?
    Meredith: Weyland was a superstitious man. He wanted a true believer on board.

& Charlie: David, why are you wearing a suit, man?
    David: I beg your pardon?
    Charlie: You don’t breath, remember? So, why wear the suit?
    David: I was designed like this, because you people are more comfortable, interacting with your own kind. If I didn’t wear the suit, it would defeat the purpose.
    Charlie: Making you guys pretty close, huh?
    David: Not too close I hope.

& Charlie: Hey. This is just one small step for mankind.
    Elizabeth: Seriously?

& David: Mortal after all.

& Elizabeth: What did he say?
    David: I’m sorry, that’s confidential.
    Elizabeth: So help me God, I will find the cord that makes you run and I will cut it! What did he say?!
    David: He said... “try harder”. Cup of tea, ma’am?

& David: Big things have small beginnings.


& Charlie: You think we wasted our time coming here, don’t you?
    David: Your question depends on the understanding, what you hope to achieve by coming here.
    Charlie: What we hoped to achieve? It was to meet our makers. To get answers. Why they... why they even made us in the first place.
    David: Why do you think your people made me?
    Charlie: We made you cause we could.
    David: Can you imagine how disappointing it would be for you, to hear the same thing from your creator?
    Charlie: I guess it’s a good thing you can’t be disappointed, huh?
    David: Yes, it’s wonderful actually.

& David: May I ask you something?
    Charlie: Please do.
    David: How far would you go, to get what you came for all this way for? Your answers? What would you be willing to do?
    Charlie: Anything and everything.

& David: Good health.

& Meredith: How much longer is this gonna take?
    Janek: I don’t know, I’m just the Captain.

& Janek: Hey, uh... Vickers! Hey, Vickers! I was wondering... Are you a robot?
    Meredith: ... My room, ten minutes.

& Elizabeth: My God, we were so wrong...

& Meredith: A king has his reign, and then he dies. It’s inevitable. That is the natural order of things.

& Elizabeth: So they were traveling somewhere?
    David: I’ve managed to work out the broad strips. it’s fairly evident they were in the process of leaving, before things went odd.
    Elizabeth: Leaving to go where?
    David: Earth.
    Elizabeth: Why?
    David: Sometimes to create, one must first destroy.

& Elizabeth: You made it here and it was meant for us. Why? Was it... I need to know why?! What did we do wrong?! Why do you hate us?!!

& Weyland: There’s... nothing.
    David: I know. Have a good journey, Mr. Weyland.

& David: I was afraid you were dead.
    Elizabeth: You have no idea what afraid is.

& David: May I ask what you hope to achieve by going there?
    Elizabeth: They created us. Then they tried to kill us. They changed their minds. I deserve to know why.
    David: The answer is irrelevant. Does it matter why they changed their minds?
    Elizabeth: Yes. Yes it does.
    David: I don’t understand.
    Elizabeth: Well... I guess that’s because I’m human being, and you’re a robot.

& Elizabeth: My name is Elizabeth Shaw. Last survivor of the Prometheus, and I’m still searching.


--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Σ Here:
Berkun's review: it’s worth watching. Don’t expect much for your brain, and you’ll be pleased.
  • It is a beautiful looking film.
  • There is some intrigue and mystery about sci-fi ideas.
  • Many stupid things are done by many characters at many points.
  • The plotting undermines everything else several times. If you expect much, you will be frustrated.

+ What The Movie Was Actually About
+ On Prometheus and Chopped Liver

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий