15 сент. 2012 г.

Dirk Gently 1x3

& Macduff: ’Notice of eviction’? That’s a new one, isn’t it?
    Dirk: Yes it is. You’ll have to create a whole new pile, right next to the ’Final demands.’

& Macduff: What are you looking for?
    Dirk: My passport. I feel that the solution will found on the beach of other country, preferably one that has no extradition treaty.

& Melinda: Mr Gently?
    Dirk: Er, yes. Please. This is my assistant Macduff.
    Macduff: Partner.
    Dirk: Assistant Partner.

& Dirk: Miss Fulstone, I am very eager to hear what brought you to our humble office this morning. I am unusual in that my mind works much better when in motion, blood pumping to the brain as it were. Perhaps you’d care to join us for a brisk stroll across our roof?
    Melinda: What the hell. Why not?

& Dirk: My brain’s working well, but to give your case the attention it deserves, what do you say we get the blood really pumping?
    Melinda: I’m in game.

& Dirk: Come on you, beautiful bitch! Not you.

& Dirk: Now I’ve met Miss Fulstone in the flesh...
    Macduff: You fancy her.
    Dirk: She does has certain physical and facial characteristics that evolution has deemed to be more alluring to prospective mates, yes.

& Macduff: Do you know how much smoother your life would run if you just paid people occasionally?
    Dirk: Oh, Macduff, the situation has gone way beyond mere money. I haven’t paid her for a year. Most people would have quit by now. But not Elena. Oh, no. She’s Eastern European. Hardy. Probably distantly related to the Borgias. She continues to come here for two hours every day, stubbornly avoiding doing anything resembling actual cleaning. In retaliation, I have, of course, become messier and messier. It’s like a surreal horror movie for OCD sufferers. With Elena as the vampiric witch of the piece. ... But she’s got a heart of gold really. Salt of the Earth. Lovely woman. Oh, hello!


& DI Gilks: I am so glad you’ve decided to forgo legal representation. It makes things so much simpler.
    Dirk: On the contrary. I’m representing myself.
    DI Gilks: As I said. Simple.

& Dirk: ’My client’ resents the slanderous implication that he’s so incompetent that he couldn’t commit a couple of simple murders.
God, you really don’t make it easy to help you, do you?

& Macduff: Can we please, just for once, act like regular detectives?.. And if you need to justify that to yourself, just look at me now, here, in this moment, getting angry as just another little part of the whole web of interconnected cause and effect.
    Dirk: That actually makes sense.

& Dirk: I vividly remember his threats toward me from the dock. Very colourful. Very specific about certain body parts being inserted inside other body parts.

& Robbie Glover: We call ourselves From Jail To Jesus.

& Glover: Do you have faith? Do you believe in anything?
    Dirk: Yeah, I believe in things. Yeah, I believe in... The laws of physics, most of the time. I believe that everyone and everything is interconnected in a way that isn’t always immediately apparent. And I also believe... that one day we will all be brought to account. A reckoning that I have tried to avoid my whole life. Because I know I will be found wanting when I finally meet... the Inland Revenue.

& DI Gilks: I was wondering how long it’d take you to remember your latest client.
    Dirk: How... did you... know... about her?
    DI Gilks: I’m a detective, Gently. You should try it.

& Macduff: Why are we still here?
    Dirk: Because we’re looking for the mystery stalker.
    Macduff: You’re the stalker!
    Dirk: I know!

& DI Gilks: Most people, they don’t get a second chance like this, Gently. I implore you, please... Mess it up.
    Dirk: I shall endeavor... to disappoint you.

& DI Gilks: Having a bit of a clear out?
    Dirk: No, this is a Feng shui approach I’m trialing, clear office, clear mind.

& Dirk: Macduff! What are doing here?
    Macduff: You called me.
    Dirk: I did? I did!

& Macduff: I thought this case was closed?
    Dirk: Well, from a strictly Newtonian view of the universe, yes. But from a quantum perspective, possibly not.
    Macduff: Wow. You really are desperate for work aren’t you?. Trying to unsolve a case.

& Dirk: I don’t believe that Robbie is the killer... The events that lead us to uncover his guilt felt a little too direct. My methods usually necessitate, no, demand more circuitous routes. Involving the sudden convergence of seemingly disparate threads.
    Macduff: So you think Robbie isn’t the killer because we easily found evidence to suggest he is the killer.
    Dirk: Exactly!

& Dirk: What?!
    Macduff: Nothing. Just you babbling nonsense. Me popping your ego. I’ve missed this. Not enough to come back but... you know.

& The Cleaner: You made a mess. I hate the mess.

& Dirk: If you wanted a pay rise, you just had to ask!

& Macduff: Your cleaner’s codename was The Cleaner?
    Dirk: I know. These cold-blooded killers, no imagination.

& Dirk: Look. Wanted by the FBI and Interpol. And check out the reward.
    Macduff: That’s nice. That’s Hawaiian beach nice.

& DI Gilks: So ultimately, this whole thing was caused by your cheapness? I think the universe is trying to tell you something, Gently...
    Macduff: Well, you could also argue that his cheapness saved us this evening. If he’d paid his plumber, then there’d be no hole in the floor and we wouldn’t be alive.
    DI Gilks: ... You two deserve each other.

--
On the IMDb

Σ Canceled? That’s a pity. Missing a Thor and all that stuff. People demand to continue the show. The Show must go on!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий