29 сент. 2012 г.

Hell on Wheels 1x2

Immoral Mathematics

& The Swede: Thor Gunderson. Head of security for Mr. Thomas Durant. They call me the Swede... I’m Norwegian. No matter. We are all Americans now. Even you rebels, yes?

& Cullen: You a law man, Mr. Swede?
    The Swede: Hmm?
    Cullen: Because I don’t see no badge.
    The Swede: Hmm, no. There’s no official law out here yet.
    Cullen: Then what auority you got to be interrogating me?
    The Swede: Mr. Durant has appointed me to bring some order to the chaos out here.
    Cullen: When was the last time you took a look outside, Mr. Swede? Looks to me like chaos is winning.

& Cullen: Daniel Johnson was hated by just about every man who worked for him.
    The Swede: Ah. Any with a reason to kill him? Perhaps one of the negroes?.. I heard he had some trouble with them. Hmm?
    Cullen: Yeah, I don’t know nothin’ about that.
    The Swede: Mm-hmm. Yeah. Well, that leaves only you then.

& The Swede: This here’s ’Beauty.’ She’s an old piece, but she still shoots true.

& Joseph Black Moon: You kill white men, it’s one thing, but you take one of their women, you’ll have every damn one of them hunting you down.

& Black Moon: I hope it was worth it.
    Cheyenne: What about all the scalps you took?.. You act so pure now, but I remember there was a time when you loved the taste of blood.
    Black Moon: Jesus has forgiven me for that.
    Cheyenne: Jesus may have forgiven you, but do you think your white friends would?

& The Swede: For this $2.00, you shall have my protection against all the villains that surround you in this wicked place...
    Mickey: And what if we don’t pay?
    The Swede: You can always move down to the slaughterhouse.
    Sean: And what if we refuse to move?
    The Swede: And I thought you was the smart one.


& The Swede: Hmm. I never even saw the enemy until our supply train was captured and... I become prisoner of war.
    Cullen: Andersonville?
    The Swede: That’s right. Way down in the great state of Georgia. Total chaos ruled. 30,000 prisoners, 14,000 dead. I weighed 200 pounds when I went in and 86 when I come out. I just couldn’t make them numbers add up. I woke one night to one of my own men trying to eat the flesh from my arm... He thought I was dead. I realized that night I had to control people like I controlled numbers and I learned to practice a sort of immoral mathematics. I did some... Not so good things in Andersonville, Mr. Bohannon. In the end I found I was able to make them numbers add up.

& The Swede: Get right with your maker, Mr. Bohannon. Soon as we cut down the horse thief... You’re gonna hang.

& ’Doc’: Write this down. Outnumbered five to one, eight white Christian souls were brutally slaughtered by the marauding, bloodthirsty war party of merciless savages.
    Journalist: Outnumbered five to one?
    ’Doc’: Make it ten to one.

& ’Doc’: ...Amongst the murdered were Robert Bell, visionary surveyor of the Union Pacific Railroad... His beautiful wife Lily, the fair haired maiden of the West, was sullied by the savage pack, then carried off into slavery in their filthy camp...
    Journalist: What... what does sullied mean again?
    ’Doc’: It will mean whatever the reader wants it to mean.

& Reverend: You know, Saint Peter himself was... chained like this and condemned to die. And he was freed by an angel.
    Cullen: I ain’t no Saint Peter, sir.
    Reverend: Yeah, and I ain’t no angel.

& Reverend: One day your name will be called. And on that day, you must answer.
    Cullen: I know it.
    Reverend: Yeah, and what are you gonna say?
    Cullen: I did the best I could in a bad time.

& Reverend: It’s impossible sometimes, but... But He is here... And His mercy knows no bounds. Just bend them knees and ask for forgiveness.
    Cullen: ... No, sir. I won’t do it.
Reverend: Because the war took your faith?
    Cullen: Because I don’t deserve forgiveness.

& Elam: Somebody put you in chains, the natural thing to do is try to escape. Ain’t I right? ... Ain’t I right?!
    Cullen: ... Yeah. You’re right.

& ’Doc’: I suppose you’re here to tell me you’re innocent?
    Cullen: No, sir. I’m here to ask for his job.
    ’Doc’: How do you put your trousers on, son?
    Cullen: Sir?
    ’Doc’: Over those big balls of yours?

& ’Doc’: What do you know about building railroads?
    Cullen: Well, I had to learn how they was built so I could figure out bestow to blow them up. You remember the Baltimore and Ohio bridge over the monacacy river?
    ’Doc’: I built that bridge before the war.
    Cullen: I blew the whole thing up using half a keg of black powder... But I’m done destroying things, Mr. Durant. I want to help you build this railroad.

& Cullen: 40 Miles, Mr. Durant. Ain’t no secret you got to lay 40 Miles of usable track before your government money kicks in. Now, you and I both know that you ain’t gonna get there going at this rate. You don’t get that $16,000 a mile, this whole thing goes belly-up. You’re fighting a war, Mr. Durant. No doubt about it. You need me to help you win it.

& The Swede: He’s the son of a bitch who killed Johnson. We gonna hang him.
    ’Doc’: Nonsense. This is my new foreman. Find me someone else to hang.

--
IMDb

Σ From where did Cullen took the gun after fleeing? A quiz.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий