2 июл. 2021 г.

The Show (2017)

This Is Your Death


Ilana Katz: I want you to know that everything you said yesterday was true. People are angry. They're fed up. They wanna see something real. So, let's show them something real.

Adam Rogers: I don't wanna do a show that affirms death. We gotta do better than that. I wanna do a show that affirms life, that challenges people, that stands for something.
Ilana Katz: Okay. But people will die if we go ahead with this, you know.
Adam Rogers: Yeah, I know. But I don't want them dying in vain. Now if... if I do this show, and if people are actually going to die, I want them to die for a good reason, a higher purpose. I want this show to teach people how to live, to appreciate what we've got, to foster empathy.

Adam Rogers: Everybody has a story, they just... they just want to be heard.

Adam Rogers: Ladies and gentlemen... What you're about to see tonight is unlike anything you've seen on television before....

Adam Rogers: Thank you for watching This Is Your Death. Life is precious. Make the most of it. See you next week.

Sylvia Rowland: Is this show now about money?
Adam Rogers: No, this is a show about giving girls like that a future.
Sylvia Rowland: By killing her mother.
Adam Rogers: Sara died of her own volition after consulting a trained psychiatrist and physician, and, because of it, she bettered the life of her daughter.
Sylvia Rowland: That's right. By killing herself.
Adam Rogers: No, by showing people that not everybody on TV is rich and pretty and living the American dream.
Sylvia Rowland: By killing herself.
Adam Rogers: Yes, Sylvia, by killing herself!

Adam Rogers: Look, not everything in this world deserves a happy ending. Sophocles knew this. Euripides knew this. Shakespeare knew this. Milton, Beckett...

Derrick Washington: L'chaim.
Mason Washington: Wh-- What?
Derrick Washington: It's-- it's what the Jewish kids say at school. It means "to life".
Mason Washington: I like it. L'chaim, then.

Ilana Katz: You're a monster.
Sylvia Rowland: No, I'm your protégé, remember?

Mason Washington: What are you doing? What-- what are you watching? I just-- I just wanna go home. Can't we just turn it off? Can't we all just go home?


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий