20 июл. 2021 г.

Secret Beyond the Door

Why Women Kill 2×1


Narrator: ...this is not a story about a woman with power. Oh, no. This is about another kind of woman. The middle-aged housewife no one ever talks about. The drab sparrow no one has time for. The plain Jane who is never invited to the party. She has no beauty to draw upon. No style. No grace. This timid creature moves through life... as if invisible. Still, she never complains. Years of neglect have taught her not to expect too much from life. She's been told it's best to wait. That one day, "the meek shall inherit the Earth."
     Yes, this is the story of Alma Fillcot. A very meek woman, who, one day... got tired of waiting.

Dee Fillcot: Talk to her. I bet she'd help you.
Alma Fillcot: Oh, I don't know. I've introduced myself to her a few times, she never seems to remember me. Guess I'm just not very memorable...
Dee Fillcot: I say give it one more try.
Alma Fillcot: Nah, I'd just be wasting my time.
Dee Fillcot: Maybe. But what's that old saying? Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Bertram Fillcot: What about the blue dress I bought you? Why can't you just wear that?
Alma Fillcot: Because no one ever remembers my name! I go through life introducing myself over and over to people that I've already met. And when they finally do recall meeting me, they don't say, "Oh, Alma." No, I'm... I'm the veterinarian's wife.

Alma Fillcot: I have got to start making an impression. I can't do that in some dowdy old blue dress. I need to be spectacular. For once in my life.

Dee Fillcot: Do me a favor. Don't make promises you'll never keep.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий