14 июл. 2021 г.

The Green Glow

Resident Alien 1×7


Harry Vanderspeigle: The biggest misconception humans have about the universe is that it's enormous... It's not. It's tiny... It's all so finite and smells of slightly burnt caramel corn. I understand why these dumb humans don't know anything about the extended universe. They've never been there... But the universe has been to them.

Harry Vanderspeigle: The only reason I'm out here is that I needed space.
Isabelle: What?
Harry Vanderspeigle: Yes, space like husbands often say in television shows...
Isabelle: Oh.
Harry Vanderspeigle: And since I am your husband and nothing else, I took one of my nightly drives looking for nothing and ended up at this random place for no reason.

Harry Vanderspeigle: They know I'm stranded here. They must be searching for me. I would grow a mustache as a disguise, but then I'd have to get a job as a firefighter or a pedophile.

Harry Vanderspeigle: We should talk.
Isabelle: Yes?
Harry Vanderspeigle: What are you making for dinner?
Deputy Liv Baker: Well, we can't really be sure they're connected.
Sheriff Mike Thompson: Wait, we can't? Did you just say "can't"? I done told you about can't, right? It's negative. Can't you can every now and then?
Deputy Liv Baker: I... can.
Sheriff Mike Thompson: Well, you can't a lot more than you can.

Harry Vanderspeigle: You had one simple mission. You completely failed. And that makes you more than just a loser. That makes you human.
Harry Vanderspeigle: Don't call me that. That's the most hurtful thing anyone has ever said to me.
Harry Vanderspeigle: You wanted to destroy the human race. The human race destroyed you, you sad, pathetic, stupid, little shit stick.
Harry Vanderspeigle: Now that is the most hurtful thing anyone has ever said to me.

Harry Vanderspeigle: This is my life now, human being, so I have to live like humans do: occupy my time at a job I loathe, slowly rotting away until I die. What are my choices?

Harry Vanderspeigle: My wife left me, and I lost my job, and my life is horrible.
D'Arcy Bloom: Wow. Sounds like you're writing country music.

Harry Vanderspeigle: My stomach can't get full. I'm still depressed. But it doesn't matter. I don't care.
D'Arcy Bloom: You're doing depression right. The key is to embrace it. Once you accept that you've got nothing, then you've got nothing left to lose. The low point, that's where freedom lives.

Deputy Liv Baker: You've got the right to remain silent...
Sheriff Mike Thompson: Whoa, whoa, whoa, Deputy, "you've"? That's a contraction. You can't contract Miranda. Watch how it's done. You have the right to remain silent....


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий