27 июл. 2021 г.

Chapter 22. The Fundamental Things Apply

The Kominsky Method 3×6


Estelle Schneider: Mindy, you have to understand, in my generation, body-shaming was just a way we would kid around with each other. You know, you'd see a guy with big ears, and you'd say, "Hey, Dumbo, where's your feather?" And no one ever got offended. It was just considered good-natured joshing.
Roz Volander: All righty.
Estelle Schneider: As a matter of fact, Dumbo might have a clever retort like, "Careful I don't fly overhead and take a big elephant dump on you."
Martin Schneider: Okay. You... you made your point.
Estelle Schneider: Hang on. Take it easy. All right. When I was growing up, I had a girlfriend named Sissy, and she had a glass eye. So, naturally, everyone called her Sissy Cyclops, to her face. She didn't mind. After school, I would say, "See you around, Sissy Cyclops." And she would say, "I'll keep an eye out for you."
Sandy Kominsky: Terrific.
Estelle Schneider: Now, where I went wrong was to forget how sensitive your generation is. None of you ever lost a soccer game or a brother in Korea.
Roz Volander: I'm confused. Is this supposed to be an apology?
Estelle Schneider: Yes. Yes, it... it is.

Roz Volander: Estelle, from this day forth, our families are forever joined, bound together by the love of our children. My daughter, in the prime of her life, and your son... in his twilight years.

Martin Schneider: I was planning to write a YA novel of my own. I was doing some research.
Roz Volander: Martin.
Martin Schneider: I didn't want them to think I was some kinda weirdo.
Roz Volander: They don't think that.
Martin Schneider: YA is "young adult." Uh, it... it's the same as regular novels, only you're not having to constantly Google what words mean.

Sandy Kominsky: I don't know how to deal with a dream coming true.
Roz Volander: How about you just enjoy it?
Sandy Kominsky: No, that doesn't sound right.

Martin Schneider: Well... You know the old Benjamin Franklin saying about houseguests and fish?
Estelle Schneider: No. Tell me.
Martin Schneider: Come on, Ma. Please.
Estelle Schneider: You want me to leave?
Martin Schneider: No. No. Not... Not me. Benjamin Franklin.

Sandy Kominsky: And, uh, finally, I want to thank my ex-wife, uh, my first ex-wife, to be honest. Dr. Roz Volander. Many, many years ago, she believed in a bartender with big dreams. So, I'd like to dedicate this to her. Roz, honey, I wish I'd been better.

Sandy Kominsky: All right. Let's get to work.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий