18 июл. 2021 г.

Heroes of Patience

Resident Alien 1×10


Harry Vanderspeigle: Everyone has to die. It is the normal cycle of life for beings across the entire universe. Some may live longer than others, but every organism comes into being and then ceases being. The animals know this. They live in harmony with the Earth, as it was meant to be.
     Everyone I kill with my device is going to die anyway. At least I'm killing them for a good reason. It's different for humans. Humans kill because they know they're small, insignificant, weak. And killing makes them feel strong... even if it's just for a moment.
     And when humans are smart, they may even get away with murder. Of course, no being really gets away with anything. The universe knows what you have done, even if nobody else does. And the universe will restore balance one way or another. Humans have a word for this. They call it
"karma."

Sheriff Mike Thompson: I told her it was probably just some meat in there that looked like you, like a frozen pig or something.
Harry Vanderspeigle: I am more handsome than a pig.
Sheriff Mike Thompson: Oh, me too. Yeah, man, I'm probably somewhere between a pig and a dolphin. You know, that dolphin, that's a fine-ass animal.

Harry Vanderspeigle: It's unfortunate I have to kill everyone and leave here. The warmth of spring is just arriving...

Sahar: I knew it! She's a woman in a purple skirt, man in black.

D'Arcy Bloom: All right, look, I know what happened. All right? You and Harry murdered a guy. It happens, but I'm here for you. We're gonna take my car to Canada. From there, I've got an old ski buddy in Juneau. There's a safe deposit box, 1,000 bucks to keep us going. Three passports. So...
Asta Twelvetrees: That's... a lot to process.

Harry Vanderspeigle: I can't kill everyone on Earth with an empty stomach.

Max Hawthorne: I know that you know.

Harry Vanderspeigle: Do you miss her?
Harry Vanderspeigle: I miss a lot of things... the five senses... driving around with nowhere to go... tacos. But I loved Isabelle.
Harry Vanderspeigle: How do you know?
Harry Vanderspeigle: How do I know I loved my wife?
Harry Vanderspeigle: What did it feel like?
Harry Vanderspeigle: It feels like... life. Like everything you've ever felt. The joy and the fury held in your heart and wrapped in... hope... hope that everything will be okay. Love makes you feel connected to everything. Make you feel light-headed, you feel like you're floating.

Harry Vanderspeigle: I could press this button at any time. If you agree with me and I am right and you are wrong, then just sit there dead and don't say anything... Okay, then. We agree. Goodbye, only human in the room.

Sahar: You guys are like Daredevil and the Black Widow.

Harry Vanderspeigle: Wait, wait... It'll be okay. It's like the song. "Ooh, child, things are going to get easier. Ooh, child"...

Harry Vanderspeigle: Real quick... I left some pizzas in my freezer. You can have them if you want them.

Harry Vanderspeigle: Everyone has to die eventually. What matters are the choices you make while you're alive. Killing may make humans feel strong in the moment, but what I've begun to realize is, true strength comes from choosing not to kill. Maybe being truly human is about choosing to love instead. But with that love comes the pain that I feel inside me.

Harry Vanderspeigle: This is some bullshit!


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий