11 июл. 2021 г.

Seed Money

StartUp 1×1


Phil Rask: No, no, no, don't stop. I can wait.

Phil Rask: Do you want to go to jail?.. I'm kidding. Okay, come on. You're not going to jail. You can leave.

Andrew Talman: Is this really how you want to do this?
Phil Rask: Yes, it is, yeah.
Andrew Talman: Just like the other guys. I thought you were better than that.
Phil Rask: Me, too. Me, too.

Izzy Morales: .... That's power. That's GenCoin.
— Uh, sorry, is it like PayPal?
Izzy Morales: No, PayPal is an online payment system. It works with whatever currency you put in it. GenCoin is a currency in and of itself. It runs off a complex algorithm. It took me almost seven years to develop. It predicts, it adjusts and adapts to foreign markets and political shifts in order to remain stable.

Izzy Morales: Here's what's up... Folks are always saying that money corrupts people. But what everyone fails to recognize is that people corrupt money. GenCoin can put an end to that. It offers more stability, security and anonymity than any digital currency out there.

Nick Talman: It's a currency. It's like any other currency, but it's digital. Um, it's not tied to any government or bank. So, anyone on Earth can access it.
Taylor: And how does it actually have real life value?
Nick Talman: It has the value that we collectively ascribe to it. Same as any of this. For instance, this bottle of wine, you know, that your aunt got us. We could agree that this is worth $1000.
Taylor: You want me to believe that it's a $1000 bottle of wine?
Nick Talman: Or if I said, it's worth $1000 for me to part with it, and you said, it's worth $1000 for me to have it. Then it's worth $1000.
Taylor: I get it. But...
Nick Talman: I know you do. I know you do.
Taylor: But I still would not pay $1000 for that shitty bottle of wine.
Nick Talman: We're drinking it.
Taylor: We are...

Phil Rask: You're not in trouble by the way.
Nick Talman: Huh?
Phil Rask: You know I'm a federal agent, right?
Nick Talman: Yes, that's what Selby said.
Phil Rask: You look nervous is all. As if you're in trouble. You're not.
Nick Talman: No, no, I think...
Phil Rask: Maybe the gun, I don't know...
Nick Talman: Oh, right.

Phil Rask: So what'd you use?
Nick Talman: What did I use?
Phil Rask: To catch the tuna? Not just worms, I'm assuming.
Nick Talman: No, not worms. I use herring. Sometimes I go with scad.
Phil Rask: So just smaller fish then?
Nick Talman: Yeah.
Phil Rask: Right. Hmm. You know, one of these days I'm going to retire, you're going to take me out there, show me a thing or two.
Nick Talman: Okay. It's a deal.
Phil Rask: What?
Nick Talman: I will. If you want, I can... Let me know.
Phil Rask: Huh?
Nick Talman: Let me know. I mean, like, let me know and I will... Anytime, really. I mean, I have to find the time, but, you know... You know, doesn't sound like you're retiring anytime soon, so... I'm just saying you haven't had a vacation. It seems like you work hard. They work you. I know the feeling, so... But if you find the time, I will also find the time.
Phil Rask: Thanks, Nick.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий