28 июл. 2021 г.

Kingpin (1996)

Calvert Munson: You got a great gift, son. It's as if angels came down from heaven and put a blessing on your three bowling digits. You can apply everything that I've taught you about bowling to your daily life. And if you do that, you're gonna be decent, you're gonna be moral, you're gonna be a good man.

Ernie McCracken: We need the supplemental income.
Roy Munson: Supplemental income?
Ernie McCracken: Supplemental.
Roy Munson: Supplemental...
Ernie McCracken: Yeah, it's extra. That's what it means. You interested?
Roy Munson: Interested?
Ernie McCracken: Interested. Would you be interested in some extra income?
Roy Munson: Extra income?
Ernie McCracken: Want to make more money?

Roy Munson: The name's not boy. It's Roy. Roy Munson.

Roy Munson: What do we do?
Ernie McCracken: Sometimes a bowler just has to face the music... And that bowler is you, Roy.

Roy Munson: Hey, Herb, how's life?
Herb: Taking forever.

Ishmael: We Amish, we demand more of ourselves. You people work 8-hour days. We work 12. We do whatever you people do plus a half. That's how we survive.

Ishmael: You really should try to quit, Mr. Munson. They say it's bad for your heart, your lungs, quickens the aging process.
Roy Munson: Is that right? Who's done more research on the subject than the good people at the American tobacco industry? They say it's harmless. Why would they lie? If you're dead, you can't smoke.

Ishmael: Pretty good, huh? 186!
Roy Munson: You lost to a club player! What... That's not supposed to happen! You're carrying a 270 average!
Ishmael: Well, what do you expect? I mean, you guys with your 10 frames.
Roy Munson: What do you mean "you guys with your 10 frames"?
Ishmael: My grandpa always taught me to bowl 15 frames. It's like I told you before, we, Amish, we do everything half again as hard as you do. Ten frames? That's for Quakers.

Roy Munson: I'm telling you, a bowler's two worst enemies are his eyes and his ears. You shut these, you close those, and you just feel it.

Ishmael: They expect me to come home with my tail between my legs, but I won't do it. I'd sooner get munsoned out here in the middle of nowhere than lose face in front of my friends and family again.

Ishmael: We can't lose. It's the centurion's faith that wins him divine favor.

Roy Munson: What's so funny?
Ishmael: I didn't want to be the one to tell him, but with those narrow hips, that girl couldn't have more than six or seven children.

Claudia: I don't know why I did this. I don't know where I'm going. I don't have a clue what I'm gonna do when I get there.

Claudia: He hit me, the bastard, and hitting I don't take!

Roy Munson: Well, I got a newsflash for you, Mother Teresa. Just because you spend most of your time in the missionary position doesn't make you a missionary.

Roy Munson: Mommy!... You must have a really wide foot. You got both of them.

Claudia: Poor guy. He's like a baby out there. I hope he doesn't get munsoned out in the middle of nowhere.

Roy Munson: Ish, it's tough out there, all right? I mean, the world can kick your ass. I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kicking mine. I guess that's why Claudia and I were fighting. We both had a rotten run of it for a while, and I don't know, you... You get hurt over and over again, you stop trusting people so you don't get hurt again.

Ernie McCracken: It's a small world when you've got unbelievable tits, Roy.


++ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий