27 июл. 2021 г.

Daniel Espinoza: Naked and Afraid

Lucifer 5×12


Lucifer: You've been staring at that same file for ten minutes now. It's like watching the world's worst nature documentary.

Lucifer: Have you lost the power of speech alongside the ability to read? Have you achieved your final form?

Lucifer: Don't be ridiculous, Daniel. Nothing's changed. I'm still the same person, charming, beloved. And you're still the same person too, useless, tolerated.
Dan: Hmm. Doesn't have the same effect anymore. It's like being teased by Genghis Khan or Darth Vader.

Dan: I know you're trying to look out for me, and I appreciate that, but I'm fine. I've got it all under control. Promise.

Dan: One drink.

Dan: Let's just say that I had a moment of clarity. Think God and the Devil. Let's say they're real, right? Like, as real as you and me. You find that out... makes you worry more. Not less.
Luis Navarro: You mean like your soul?
Dan: No, man. Worse, way worse. Because if God is like you and me, that means he's fallible. He makes mistakes. And if God can make a mistake, what does that say about the universe? I mean, who's even in charge? How could anything even matter anymore?

Luis Navarro: Please, Daniel. For my family...

Dan: And I don't have any demons. Unless you count the fact I've been working with the Devil for the last few years, but that's, you know, out of my control.

Camila: God. He saved me, man, and I ain't trying to preach to you. You wanna get out of this? Find God.
Dan: Haha. Oh, I found God. And he exploded my entire body for sleeping with his wife, so I don't think he's quite the guy you think he is.
Camila: Whatever. God is whoever you say he is.

Dan: Lucifer, uh... I need a favor.

Dan: Oh, man, I swear. Sometimes it feels like the entire universe is against me... Wait a minute. You don't think your dad could be behind this, do you?
Lucifer: No. Definitely not. No. My father is, um... Well, I don't exactly know where he is, but I can guarantee he's dealing with something much bigger than this.

Lucifer: Fine. But we'll do things my way, no vulgar strong-arm stuff. ... We'll let money do the talking. And me, of course.

Lucifer: Hello, gang members...

Lucifer: ... So let's stop projecting and start reflecting. One thing I've learned in therapy is that we need to be gentle with ourselves before we're gentle with anybody else. Hmm?

Ella: Okay. Real talk now. No more bull crud. I actually do know how to fake the perfect murder. Because...

Dan: So how does this work? Do, uh... You gonna pick me up, or do I sort of climb on?... Okay. Oh! Okay, so just so you know, I may pass out. Or puke. Or both.

Mazikeen: Come on, Dan! I'm a demon. You think there's something you can't tell me?

Mazikeen: It'll work perfectly. Just don't screw it up... Also, I'm telling the Russians your name is Joe Stone.
Dan: Why Joe Stone?
Mazikeen: Because Dan Espinoza sounds like a cop. Joe Stone sounds cool. You need to be... cool with these people.

Andrei: Mistresses are like KGB. Meddle in everything, torture you forever. I like you, Joe Stone!

Dan: Look... I know it can seem like things just happen, and that we don't have any control over them. Like, like there's no order, or... or meaning. But if the world is senseless and random, well, then all we can do is just what we think is best. And there is no way anybody thinks it's best if we all die here today. Right? Am I right?

Lucifer: Daniel! What did you do?

Lucifer: Countless hours of meticulous planning, dozens of favors called in, so many Easter eggs from our previous adventures. Did you spot them all? Five million, four thousand, one hundred and fifty-seven dollars spent. Totally worth it.

Dan: I woke up this morning with no clothes on, next to a dead body.
Lucifer: Daniel Espinoza, naked and afraid. Cheers.

——
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий