12 июл. 2021 г.

Judas and the Black Messiah (2021)

Roy Mitchell: Now, tell me, why the badge? Why not just use a knife or a gun like a normal car thief?
Bill O'Neal: A badge is scarier than a gun.
Roy Mitchell: Would you mind explaining that for me?
Bill O'Neal: Any nigga on the streets can get a gun... Sir. A badge is like you got the whole damn army behind you.

Fredrick Hampton: That's the difference between revolution and the candy-coated facade of gradual reform. Reform is just the masters teaching the slaves how to be better slaves. Under reform, you could take the motherfucking masters out, and the slaves still be doin' all the work for 'em.
     There's a man called a capitalist. Don't matter what color he is, black, white, brown, red, don't matter. Because the capitalist has one goal. And that is to exploit the people. He can have on a three-piece suit or a dashiki, 'cause political power doesn't flow from the sleeve of a dashiki. Political power flows from the barrel of a gun. We in the Black Panther Party don't believe in no culture except revolutionary culture. What we mean by that is a culture that will free you!
     Don't give me no five-and-dime costume of a medicine man or a witch doctor or whatever you think the motherland look like. Give me the righteous threads of a Mozambican FRELIMO fighter. Give me... Give me a AK-47, or some bandoliers like they got in Angola! Give me some Colt .45s for the folks that are trying to free themselves!

Deborah Johnson: Do you like poetry?
Fredrick Hampton: I mean, it's cool, but as Che Guevara said... "Words are beautiful, but action is supreme," you dig?

Fredrick Hampton: Elections can be part of politics, certainly. But we in the party ascribe to Chairman Mao's definition of politics. He said, "War is politics with bloodshed, and politics is war without bloodshed." Say it with me, y'all...

Bill O'Neal: These motherfuckers ain't no terrorists. Shit, they terrorizing me.

Roy Mitchell: Don't let Hampton fool you. The Panthers and the Klan are one and the same. Their aim is to sow hatred and inspire terror. Plain and simple... Now, I'm all for civil rights, but you can't cheat your way to equality. And you certainly can't shoot your way to it.

J. Edgar Hoover: Tell me... What will you do when she brings home a Negro?
Roy Mitchell: When she brings home a Negro?
J. Edgar Hoover: Your daughter, Samantha. What will you do the day she brings home a young Negro male?
Roy Mitchell: She's an infant, sir.
J. Edgar Hoover: I'm well aware. And that's not an answer to my question.
Roy Mitchell: She won't.
J. Edgar Hoover: Why not?
Roy Mitchell: Because... Respectfully, Director, why are we talking about my daughter?

J. Edgar Hoover: You killed in Korea.
Roy Mitchell: Yes.
J. Edgar Hoover: Not for country. Maybe that's why you enlisted. But you killed for survival. You would have done anything to get back home safe to your family, wouldn't you?
Roy Mitchell: Of course.
J. Edgar Hoover: Think of your family now, Agent Mitchell. When you look at Hampton, think of Samantha, because that's what's at stake if we lose this war. Our entire way of life. Rape, pillage, conquer. You follow me?

Fredrick Hampton: I don't believe I'm gonna die in no car wreck! I don't believe I'm gonna die slippin' on no ice! I don't believe I'm gonna die 'cause I got a bad heart! I believe I'm gonna die doin' what I was born for! I believe I'm gonna die high off the people! I'm gonna die for the people, 'cause I live for the people! I live for the people, 'cause I love the people!
     And as for them bloodthirsty, murderous pigs... Well, some of you might be in the audience right now, huh? Sittin' on a tape recorder, gun in your hand! Well, lemme make it plain...
     Kill a few pigs, get a little satisfaction. Kill some more pigs, get some more satisfaction. Kill 'em all and get complete satisfaction!

Fredrick Hampton: It's not a question of violence or non-violence. It's a question of resistance to fascism or non-existence within fascism! You can murder a liberator, but you can't murder liberation! You can murder a revolutionary, but you can't murder a revolution! And you can murder a freedom fighter, but you can't murder freedom!


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий