27 нояб. 2011 г.

Rome 2x1

Passover

& Atia: What did you do then?
    Mark Antony: What did I do? Why, nothing I could do. Caesar was dead. I was unarmed.
    Atia: Well, I would have ripped them to pieces with my bare hands.
    Mark Antony: That’s easy for you to say. You know nothing of violence. 12 mangy dogs can kill a lion.
    Atia: Well, if you say so.

& Posca: ’I leave to Gaius Octavian, who is henceforth to be regarded for all intents and purposes as my lawful son and sole heir.’
    Atia: Octavian? My Octavian?
    Mark Antony: What else?
    Posca: He stipulates that the slave known as Posca... that is I... am to be given my liberty with an appropriate stipend.
    Mark Antony: ... I give you joy of your freedom.

& Atia: Oh, my strange, brave, pompous little boy, we’re going north...
    Octavian: I’m head of the family. Strictly speaking, it is for me to say where we go.

Octavian: Antony, listen. Brutus is in a legal bind. I think we can force him into making a deal with us.
    Mark Antony: Go on.
    Octavian: Brutus must declare Caesar a tyrant, else the act of killing Caesar is murder. But all the acts of a tyrant are unlawful. Including those appointing Brutus as Praetor, Cassius as Proconsul, and so forth.
    Mark Antony: And then so?
    Octavian: If Brutus honors the law, he loses all rank and position.
    Mark Antony: It’s lawyers’ prattle.
    Octavian: I don’t think so. If you offer them amnesty in return...
    Mark Antony: Amnesty?! I’m gonna eat their livers! Amnesty...
    Octavian: You’re not following me.
    Atia: Enough! You think you know better than Antony?
    Octavian: But you don’t understand.
    Atia: Juno’s cunt, must I slap you?
    Octavian: If the will stands, and it might, you are mother to the richest man in Rome. If the will is broken, Servilia has that honor.



& Eirene: No, thank you, master.
    Pullo: You’ve got to stop calling me that.
    Eirene: What shall I call you, then?
    Pullo: Anything you want. Husband? Honey?

& Cicero: Immortals! Immortals, I say. You noblemen have carved your names deep in the eternal stone. That is very high praise indeed. I would embrace you all but I’m desolated that you did not enlist me in your cohort of heroes. To wield the liberators’ knife... what joy you have denied me.
    Cassius: Forgive us. But we rather thought you’d prefer not to know.
    Cicero: It is done. I cannot share in your glory. I can only applaud. Now tell me, is the city secure?

& Cassius: Caesar’s people have fled. The city is ours.
    Cicero: Excellent, and Mark Antony? The dog is dead I hope?
    Brutus: He is not.
    Cicero: Mark Antony is alive?! An error! I think, a deep error.
    Brutus: We are senators, not hired thugs.
    Cassius: Kill him yourself if you want it so.
    Cicero: Well, well, you know best what is the right thing to do. I must go. I’m away to the country. Another tedious lawsuit... I just wanted to salute you before I left. Immortal liberators.
    Mark Antony: Friend Cicero...

& Servilia: Tell us, Antony... to what do we owe this unexpected pleasure?
    Mark Antony: Listen. ... Why so quiet?.. A tyrant is dead. Surely the people should be happy... Where is the cheering throng at your door? Where are the joyous cries of liberty?

& Servilia: Why would you do that?
    Mark Antony: Neither of us can win outright. Not without much blood spilled to prove the issue. I want no more blood. I want peace and stability.
    Brutus: How?
    Mark Antony: First, a general amnesty. ... Caesar is not declared tyrant, nor you declared killers. All Caesar’s acts, and his will, shall stand. We shall all keep our posts. It will be as if he were struck by lightning. A natural death.
    Brutus: Go on.

& Brutus: And if we do not wish to be reconciled with you?
    Mark Antony: Well, if we cannot be friends, then we shall be enemies. And I will do my very best to annihilate you.

& Brutus: We have no right to take his life.
    Cassius: Damn the law! He’s too dangerous to live.
    Brutus: You exaggerate him. He is a vulgar beast. Without Caesar he will destroy himself soon enough.
    Cassius: He is...
    Brutus: He is a guest in my house.
    Servilia: He is not in the house. He is on the street.
    Brutus: You too, Mother?

& Brutus: Consul Antony... we shall be friends.
    Mark Antony: Friends, eh?

& Pullo: Sorry about your uncle.
    Octavian: I am made his son by will.
    Pullo: ... Congratulations?

& Pullo: You’ll be wanting vengeance, then?
    Octavian: At some point.

& Atia: Have you forgotten what day it is?
    Mark Antony: What day is it?
    Atia: Don’t play with me! I’m not up for it today.
    Mark Antony: Relax. It’s gonna be my day. I can feel it. I don’t think I’ve ever fucked a woman in a funeral dress before.

& Mark Antony: Please, speak sense to your son. Him and his friends must leave the city. I cannot answer for their safety.
    Servilia: Do not look so pleased with yourself. You’re a liar and a breaker of oaths, and you’ve roused your rabble, nothing more. A pantomime actor might have done what you did today.
    Mark Antony: Lucky then it was me that did it, eh? Else you would now be on your knees sucking pantomime’s cock... I have no wish to abuse or humiliate you. I only wish you gone.
    Servilia: We’re going nowhere.
    Mark Antony: No, not you, at least. The men shall leave. You will stay here in the city with me as my guest.
    Servilia: Hostage, you mean.
    Mark Antony: As you like.

--
+ quotes on the Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий