6 нояб. 2011 г.

American Horror Story 1x1

Pilot

& Adelaide: Excuse me. You are going to die in there.

& Adelaide: You’re gonna regret it.

& Constance: Adelaide, I put on Dora the Explorer for you, so you would sit and watch it.
    Adelaide: It was Go, Diego, Go! I don’t like it.
    Constance: Oh, brown cartoon characters... you can’t tell the difference.

& Ben: Am I on a trip?

& Tate: The world is a filthy place. It’s a filthy goddamn horror show. There’s so much pain, you know? There’s so much.

& Tate: You’re doing it wrong. If you’re trying to kill yourself, cut vertically. They can’t stitch that up.
    Violet: How’d you get in here?
    Tate: If you’re trying to kill yourself, you might also try locking the door.

& Vivien: So, you worked for the previous owners?
    Moira: I’ve been the housekeeper here for years. They come, they go, I stay.


& Vivien: Can I ask you a personal question?.. Do you ever get tired of cleaning up other peoples’ messes?
    Moira: We’re women. It’s what we do. I just get paid for it.


You have to get back in the saddle
“It’s a special death,” you say
And me, the brown-eyed daughter...

& Vivien: Adelaide, I want you to stay out of the house. I want you to stop coming in and opening things up and telling me that I’m going to die.
    Ben: She said that?!
    Constance: She says that to everybody.

& Ben: One of my psych professors told me that people tell stories to cope* with their fears. All art and myths are just creations to give us some sense of control over the things we’re scared of. Afraid of dying, create reincarnation... Afraid of evil, create a benevolent* God who sends evildoers to Hell.

& Violet: What are you scared of? You said I’m not scared of anything, so... what scares you?
    Vivien: Lately?.. Everything. Life will do that to you.

& Ben: I could have you arrested, you know. Peeking in people’s windows is still a crime. Even in L.A.

& Larry: Look at my case. Read the transcript.

& Constance: Don’t make me kill you again.


--
cope — справляться
benevolent — доброжелательный

+ quotes on the Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий