26 февр. 2012 г.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

& Smiley: If Witchcraft is genuine...
    Control: Nothing is genuine any more.

& Connie: I don’t know about you, George, but I feel seriously under-fucked.

& Connie: Here we are... The Nursery in our day. Jim Prideaux. And Bill Haydon. Together, of course. The Inseparables. There’s Control himself. All my boys... All my lovely boys. That was a good time, George.
    Smiley: It was the war, Connie. A real war.
    Connie: Englishmen could be proud then.

& Smiley: I kept on... harping on about the damn wife, telling him more about me than... I should have walked out, of course. But for some reason it seemed important to save this one, so I go on. "We’re not so very different you and l. “We’ve both spent our lives looking for the weaknesses in one another’s systems. Don’t you think it’s time to recognize there is as little worth on your side as there is on mine?” ... Never said a word. Not one word.


& Smiley: That was Karla.
    Peter: He went back to die rather than giving in...
    Smiley: Yes, and that’s how I know he can be beaten. Because he’s a fanatic. And the fanatic is always concealing a secret doubt.

& Smiley: Control recruited you, didn’t he? Found you starving in a museum in Vienna... A wanted man... Saved your life, I heard. And yet when the time came, when it came to picking sides between him and Alleline, you didn’t hesitate. That’s understandable, perhaps, with your war experience. You survived this long, I suppose, because of your ability to change sides... Serve any master.

& Haydon: I had to pick a side, George. It was an aesthetic choice as much as a moral one. And the West has become so very ugly. Don’t you think?
    Smiley: Did Karla ever consider having you take over the Circus?
    Haydon: I’m not his bloody office boy!
    Smiley: What are you, then, Bill?

--
+ quotes on the Imdb.

__ Espionage (not Hollywood!) drama as it should be.
! Mark Strong & Colin Firth & Cumberbatch & Toby Jones & Gary Oldman & John Hurt & Tom Hardy & many others. Not bad, huh?

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий