25 февр. 2012 г.

House of Lies 1x6

Our Descent Into Los Angeles

& Marty: Home... The place a management consultant goes to... do his laundry.

& April: Are you nervous? Marty Kaan is nervous.
    Marty: Sweetheart, I’m not nervous. Confused a little, maybe befuddled*, definitely horny, but not nervous.

& Greg: You know what, Marty? Hey, I’m not here on business. I’m not playing you here, man. This is mano a mano.
    Marty: You are misusing that term, Greg.
    Greg: What?
    Marty: Yeah. “Mano a mano,” uh... doesn’t mean man to man. It means hand to hand. It’s like combat. But I think what you’re trying to say is man to man so you’re actually using it in the exact inverse of what you’re trying to say.
    Greg: R-Really?
    Marty: Yeah. It’s a common mistake.
    Greg: Fucking consultants. You guys are sharp, man.

& Marty: What we have here, basically? It is a failed culture, okay? It’s a broken pedagogical paradigm in the New Pacific School. What started out as a system based on the near-perfect theosophical teachings of Rudolf Steiner has now descended. It’s now an outmoded, anachronistic bastardization... well, a limitation, really... of its original intent...


& April: I need a consultation.
    Marty: Okay, what’s up?
    April: You know I love hanging out with you...
    Marty: April, don’t bullshit me, okay? I don’t want to play games with you. Just, just tell me what’s up. Don’t soft sell it.
    April: I killed someone.
    Marty: Okay, maybe you can soft sell it a little bit.

& April: I have consulted plenty of lawyers, Marty. I need someone with a genuinely meta take on this whole thing. Someone’s who’s not constrained by something as finite as the law.

& April: I can’t let this go to trial, Marty. So I need a sexy motherfucker like you to help me work some angles. Consult.

& Principal Gita: Mr. Kaan, Marty, can I speak really honestly?
    Marty: I have no idea.

& April: You have the morals of a crocodile.
    Marty: Said the rattlesnake.

--
befuddled — озадаченный

On the Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий