13 февр. 2012 г.

The Devil's Double

& Uday Hussein: I want you, Latif. I want you to be my fidai. I want you to be my brother... Don’t say anything. Take 10 minutes. Think it over.
    Latif Yahia: What happens if I say no?
    Uday: ... Ten minutes.

& Munem: His grandfather was a Kurd. It’s a pity.

& — These pretty girls will get you anything you feel like. Strawberries in winter, figs in July. Just ask. But lay a finger on one of them without prior permission... and you’ll never walk upright again. And these are Uday’s rooms... He wants you to use them, now that you are to be his brother. Leather sofas, Italian marble, all designed by Gianfranco Giannelli... Handmade shoes, suits, Brioni, Versace, Armani, of course. Silk ties, watches. Breitling, Cartier, Rolex... Silk pajamas. These are very nice. Poor child never knows what to wear. He changes his mind every five minutes. Depends on what car he’s driving. Honestly, habibi, that boy, he wears me out.

& Munem: When you say your prayers tonight, when you turn out the light and close your eyes, this is what you should be saying to yourself, “Latif Yahia is dead. He died in Iran. May God have mercy on him. Now I am Uday Saddam Hussein.”


& Latif: He is insane. You know it, Munem. He’s insane. You turn a blind eye. You have no choice. I understand that. You are a good man in a bad job.

& Uday: Who wants to sleep with me tonight? You?

& Latif: Kuwait has stolen our Iraqi oil! Millions of dollars a year from the oilfields at Rumaila! Our country is losing more than a billion dollars a year! What is Kuwait? Who made up this country? The thieving British! In 1935 they picked up a pen and drew a line in the sand. Kuwait is a fantasy!
    Uday: Look, Mother. It’s me.
    Latif: Kuwait is a lie! Kuwait is the province of Iraq! The age of the sheikhs is over!

& Uday: Qusay?
    Qusay: Uday.
    Uday: Are you watching?
    Qusay: He didn’t fool me, my brother.
    Uday: You can tell? How?!
    Qusay: For one thing he’s sober, and second he’s not foaming at the mouth.

& Uday: Allahu akbar? Allah gives me nothing. Everything I want I just take for myself. Look at me. I’m a fucking war hero.

& Uday: I will never let you go. I love you too much.

& Latif’s Father: I’m going to say this once, and it’s my final word. You will do as I tell you or you are no longer my son. Tell this evil son of a bitch to go to hell.
    Uday: Speak up, Latif. What is it to be?
    Latif: ... Go to hell.

--
On the Imdb.

! Dominic Cooper.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий