27 февр. 2012 г.

Rome 2x8

A Necessary Fiction

& Octavian: ... In the future, I shall enact laws that reward fertility and sanctity in marriage. I shall enact laws that severely punish adultery, promiscuity and vice of all kinds.

& Maecenas: Caesar, may I present Alfidia and her daughter Livia?
    Alfidia Drusilla: Honored.
    Octavian: Tell me, how would you like to be married to me?
    Livia Drusilla: I would like that... if my husband does not object.
    Octavian: What is his name?
    Livia: Claudius Nero.
    Octavian: I know the family. They’re good, patriotic people. They will not say no to a divorce.
    Livia: I’m sure not, sir.

& Maecenas: But you were robbed as if you were some petty grocer!
    Octavian: Tell me, why do you take such personal offense at this?
    Maecenas: It is a gross personal insult to you.
    Octavian: Someone is always insulting me. It’s the price of fame.


& Octavian: You should know that when we are married, I shall on occasion beat you. With my hand... A light whip... When I do so you must not think you have offended me. I do it because it gives me sexual pleasure. So remember that and don’t be upset.
    Livia: Yes, sir...
    Octavian: I think we should get along very well.

& Lucius: He’s always been loyal. Never had to doubt him before.
    Pullo: No one’s a traitor until they are.

& Cleopatra: Antony...
    Mark Antony: Cleopatra...

--
+ on Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий