19 февр. 2012 г.

The Ides of March

& Stephen Meyers: I’m not a Christian, I’m not an Atheist. I’m not Jewish, I’m not Muslim. My Religion... What I believe in is called The Constitution Of The United States Of America.

& Tom Duffy (by Giamatti): You know, I’m trying to remember if the Democrats have ever nominated an Atheist before.
    Paul Zara (by Philip Seymour Hoffman): Well, we know they’ve nominated a jackass before.

& Meyers: The truth is... He’s the only one. That’s gonna actually make a difference in peoples lives. Even the people, that hate him. If Mike Morris is President, this is more about us... then it does about him.
    Ida Horowicz (by Marisa Tomei): I don’t give a fuck... if he can’t win.
    Meyers: He has to win.
    Ida: Or what?.. The world’s gonna fall apart?.. It won’t matter. Not one bit... To the everyday lives of the everyday fuckers, who get up, and work, and eat, and sleep, go back to work again. If your boy wins... you get a job in the White House. He looses, you’re back at a consulting firm on K-street. That’s it!

& Meyers: You think there’s any truth, in this... Pullman having investments in diamond mines in Liberia?
    Ben: Still checking on it. But, we got it from a blog, who the fuck knows.
    Meyers: I don’t care, if it’s true. I just wanna hear him denying it. If it’s true... Great! Find out. If not... let them spend the day, telling The Post, that he doesn’t own a diamond mine in Liberia. Win-Win.


& Duffy: Put yourself on my shoes, Steve. You’re opponent has the best media mind in the country working for his team. What are you gonna do? You’re either gonna hire him for yourself... Or you’re either gonna work it, so, you can’t have him? The other team can’t either. This is a win-win situation for me. And you come work for me, great! Paul doesn’t have you. But, then again... Paul fires you, don’t want you... fine. Paul still doesn’t have you. Either way, I win. And the moment, I got you sit down on that chair... I know, I’ve won.
    Meyers: This is... It’s my life, that you’re talking about.
    Duffy: It doesn’t make me happy, doing this kind of thing. Don’t think, it gives me any kind of pleasure. No, I’m sorry for you. I really am.

& Governor Mike Morris (by Clooney): Why would I do that?
    Meyers: Because, you wanna win. Because, you broke the only rule in politics. You wanna be President. You can start a war, you can lie, you can cheat, you can bankrupt the country... but you can’t fuck the interns. They’ll get you for that.

& Paul: Look at you. All grown up with tits and all.
    Meyers: I learned from the best.
    Paul: Well, one day we’ll grab a beer and... you could tell me, what you had on the Governor that put me out.
    Meyers: ...How do you know I didn’t have something on you?

& Ida: Any chance of you confirming now?
    Meyers: No press behind this point. She’s press.

& Ida: Hey, Steve. I’m still your friend, right?
    Meyers: You’re my best friend, Ida.

--
+ quotes on the Imdb.

__ Another Ryan Gosling? Two in row, what a coincidence.
! Such an ensemble: Gosling, Clooney, Giamatti, Marisa Tomei... Yumi.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий