5 янв. 2019 г.

Rhonda, Diana, Jake, and Trent

The Good Place 2×10


Jason: I don't know. This plan seems complicated...
Tahani: To be fair, you also once said that about an orange.
Jason: They don't make sense. Apples, you eat their clothes. But oranges you don't?

Jason: Forget this plan! I say we just huck a Molotov cocktail and... run through the portal. ... I'm telling you, Molotov cocktails work. Any time I had a problem, and I threw a Molotov cocktail, boom! Right away, I had a different problem.

Michael: There are nine hot dog torture departments. Making people into, stuffing people with...
Jason: Ooh, stuffing people sounds fun. Is that like shoving them into the throats of vegans?

Eleanor: The Museum of Human Misery?
Michael: Oh, yeah. It's a torture museum. Famous examples of bad behavior, and explanations of the torture they earned.
Jason: Is there a gift shop?
Michael: Jason, this is Hell. Of course there's a gift shop.

Eleanor: Damn, you're good at this.
Tahani: Well, hang out with Johnny Depp long enough, and you become pretty good at lying. Like, "No, you're whole thing isn't exhausting at all."

Eleanor, you're wearing glasses now. Help me!
Eleanor: You know the answer, dude. Lie your ass off.

Chidi: No! I told you lies have consequences! I will have contributed to someone's eternal torture because I disobeyed a basic Kantian moral principle! I'm gonna be sick, and I don't want to go back to the bathroom because they put mirrors in the toilet, and that makes you really confront what you're doing!

Eleanor: Okay. Sit down. Take a breath. Rub your lucky bookmark. Hear me out. What if lying is ethical in this situation? What if certain actions aren't universally good or bad? Like Jonathan Dancy says.
Chidi: Jonathan Dancy? Are you talking about moral particularism? We never even covered that. You read on your own?
Eleanor: You think just because I'm a straight hottie I can't read philosophy for fun?

Michael: Hey, guess what? I just solved the trolley problem. Remember? The thought experiment where you're driving the trolley, and you can either plow into a group of people or turn and hit one person? I solved it. ... See, the trolley problem forces you to choose between two versions of letting other people die. And the actual solution is very simple. Sacrifice yourself.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий